Reviewers

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

WriterBLAlley
Bookshelf Size: 0

Reviewers

Post by WriterBLAlley »

You need better quality reviewers. A bad review would be one thing, but waiting almost a month to tell me the reviewer decided not to finish reading my book is disrespectful. I guess I'm supposed to wait another 37 days now. If you don't want to give free reviews, then don't offer them.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

I am sorry you feel disrespected. This certainly isn't the intention.

Please make sure to measure your experience against the Average Turnaround Times linked to in the original terms and conditions of the offer:

http://onlinebookclub.org/review-reques ... -times.php

If you find your experience straying from what is described as typical on that page, please notify me so I can correct the situation for you or at least change that page to better reflect what can be expected.

As for the quality of reviewer, we have some very high quality reviewers. They are ranked into different levels based on experience and, where there is enough experience to measure, quality.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
WriterBLAlley
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by WriterBLAlley »

My mistake. The reviewer didn't disrespect me. YOU did. My complaint has nothing to do with the turnaround times. I understood asking for a free review meant you were going to sit on it for a month before posting. What I didn't understand, though, is how disinterested you are in running this site. The following was posted by the reviewer on my review request page:

"I sent an error report because I couldn't download the book even though it said I did. I'm sure the book was great but they didn't get back to me in time. I'm really sorry and wish I could have read it. Thank you for your time. I don't hate it. I couldn't even start reading it."

This didn't appear until a month after I submitted my novel for review. All the while I was led to believe someone was reading it, and would be posting their review after the 37 day waiting period. Worse, once the download failed, you seem to have abandoned all efforts to get my book reviewed, classifying it as 'rejected' and thus eliminating any chance of it being chosen by another reviewer.
I asked to have my account closed and my book removed, and even that was ignored.
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

It sounds like the reviewer didn't know how to use the system and erroneously marked your book as rejected and then submitted their error report as the mini-review for a book that has been only half-read by a reviewer. It also sounds like the reviewer erroneously selected that they were able to download the book and start reading it even though they hadn't as none of the future mistakes would have been possible without that. It was probably their first attempt at reviewing a book with us so the possibility of such mistakes are understandable.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Your account will be deleted as requested.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

Roriann-book-worm
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roriann-book-worm.html
Latest Review: "Tulpa" by Rebecca McNutt

Post by Roriann-book-worm »

Actually, I know how to download the books. It was the fact that I didn't download it yet but it said that I did.

-- 23 May 2014, 22:34 --

Also it was my second time reviewing a book, I know how the buttons work. I'm not an idiot.
Latest Review: "Tulpa" by Rebecca McNutt
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Roriann, I certainly don't mean to suggest you are an idiot. If you marked the correct buttons but the author was still notified that the reviewer hated their book so much the reviewer didn't finish reading it, and the mini-review the author was given was actually an error report explaining how the book couldn't be downloaded, then this certainly means there are several errors in the software. If you could please provide me a step-by-step explanation of what buttons you hit immediately after selecting the book to read and where you entered the information the author saw that will help me track down the error.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”