Confused

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Clay Reston
Bookshelf Size: 0

Confused

Post by Clay Reston »

I received a "no reply" email message saying there was an update to my review request status.

The link leads to a verification page, and the verification attempt tells me that my account has already been validated. But there appears to be no way to get to whatever update I'm supposed to see.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

From what you describe, you are using multiple accounts / email addresses. Please make sure you have logged in with the same email address that is getting the status update.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Clay Reston

Post by Clay Reston »

Yes, it's the same email address - the one associated with the book in question and the one that allows me to log in to the forums.

It's where I received my notification that there had been some action on my review. I just can't get to a review or my request or anything related to them. I can easily access the review of my other book, however.
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

So you have two review requests and can see one of them when logged into this account but are getting emails saying there is an update for the other book? It really sounds like you have submitted two different review requests with two different email addresses, and thus the software of course sees you as two different people.

Please use the contact form:

http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/misc/contact-scott.php

...to privately send me more information about this.

If you could then forward both the latest email you received for each of your two review requests to me with the headers and I should be able to figure out what the issue is that is preventing you from accessing this request.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

Clay Reston

Post by Clay Reston »

I just received a second email announcing a review request update. It was sent to an address different from the one associated with the book, but I followed the link anyway.

Once again, I was asked to confirm my email address. I tried doing so with both the correct and the incorrect addresses, but in neither case did I get a message containing the secret number. In fact, nothing at all happens except that the "confirm" page reloads.

Again...the book in question is "From This Seed". The message filter will not allow me to post the associated email address, but it starts with "clayrestonbooks".
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Okay, so you are using two email addresses. One has already been confirmed and is getting review request updates; but apparently you are not logging in with that email address. The email address you are logging in with is the other email address which is not confirmed. You will probably need to log in with the correct email address on the forums. The account "Clay Reston" presumably isn't the one being sent the reminder emails, but is the one whose email address has not been verified.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”