Urgent book review problem

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

claire mckay
Favorite Author: JRR Tolkien
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-mckay.html
Latest Review: "The M-Word" by Josephine Stine

Urgent book review problem

Post by claire mckay »

I tried to download a book to review on 25th March but the format wasn't compatible with my iPad and I got note that an error report had been generated. Nothing has happened since and I'm locked out of reviewing any other book and am very aware that the author will think that his book is being reviewed when I haven't even started it yet. It is a paid review so I would have liked to give him a fast turnaround for his money so he is happy with the service. can anyone help me solve this? Other formats were available that I can use so I am still able to review this book. Thanks.
kismoody
Currently Reading: Cat's Cradle
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kismoody.html
Latest Review: A Script For Aspiring Women Leaders by Mark Villareal

Post by kismoody »

If you don't want to wait, you could buy a copy off amazon, but I would suggest you email Scott. He'll make sure to fix it so you can get a copy to review.
claire mckay

Post by claire mckay »

Thanks but I assume the error reports go to him but I notice he hasn't popped up on the forum in the last week or so and I'm thinking he might be away so wondering if there is anyone else who could help!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

claire mckay wrote:Thanks but I assume the error reports go to him but I notice he hasn't popped up on the forum in the last week or so and I'm thinking he might be away so wondering if there is anyone else who could help!
Only Scott deals with it. I think there is a glitch in the system. I have tried to download a book a couple of days ago and the link was broken.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Claire, I have your report. I can see that you picked epub format but have an ipad and epub is not compatible with your ipad. (Incidentally, if there is a Nook app or some other ereader app for the ipad, you might be able to use that to open epub files on your ipad). In any case, I have changed your selection to pdf instead of epub, so please try downloading it again. It's also available in mobi if you would prefer that instead of epub.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
claire mckay

Post by claire mckay »

That's me sorted thanks, will crack on with reading it now! And change my settings so I don't try that format again!
Winter
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-winter.html
Latest Review: "The 30-Day Writing Challenge" by Sara Crawford

Post by Winter »

I have an ipad and can read epub on it using an app I downloaded called NeoSoar, so that's a possibility. However, the downside is that it seems that if you use NeoSoar to open the book when you download it, it's not available anywhere else. In other words, if you lose the app for some reason, the book is gone, at least that's my impression. I am not particularly tech-savy, though, so there could be something I'm not seeing. There must be other apps for this, too.
Latest Review: "The 30-Day Writing Challenge" by Sara Crawford

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”