A Quick Question Regarding Review Team

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

jamespoet
Favorite Author: Ray Bradbury
Favorite Book: FAHRENHEIT 451
Currently Reading: THE FOREVER WAR and DANCING AZTECS
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamespoet.html
Latest Review: "Laikanist Times" by Dylan Malik Orchard
fav_author_id: 2498

A Quick Question Regarding Review Team

Post by jamespoet »

Hi. I'm a new member here on this forum, and was fortunate enough to join the review team. I know we have the rating system, and when I go higher in the rating it's easier to get book choices for review. Which is fine, and I think it's a good system. However, I'm still new enough that I haven't made enough posts yet to help bolester my rating, and I am concerned about being able to post enough book reviews to still be considered an active member until I increase my rating.

So my question is this: until I get to a higher ranking, and therefore have a higher chance of picking books for the review team, is it OK to write and post reviews of books I'm reading now? I am unsure if this is breaking any rules or anything, and to be honest the whole forum setup in general is still new enough to me to be a little confusing (although I'm getting better as time moves on). Thanks so much for your help.
The joys of literature transcend the evils of the world. I believe in its miraculious baptism and emotional power of the words trickling down the page. To me, there is no higher artform...
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

You can always post reviews of your own books, in the appropriate forums, now and after getting books for reviews. It is a book site after all. :wink:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
jamespoet

Post by jamespoet »

gali wrote:You can always post reviews of your own books, in the appropriate forums, now and after getting books for reviews. It is a book site after all. :wink:
RIght, I was just wondering if I can post reviews of the books I'm reading in the review team board, or if I just post them elsewhere to bolster my post count and try and get a higher ranking.
The joys of literature transcend the evils of the world. I believe in its miraculious baptism and emotional power of the words trickling down the page. To me, there is no higher artform...
gali

Post by gali »

jamespoet wrote:
gali wrote:You can always post reviews of your own books, in the appropriate forums, now and after getting books for reviews. It is a book site after all. :wink:
RIght, I was just wondering if I can post reviews of the books I'm reading in the review team board, or if I just post them elsewhere to bolster my post count and try and get a higher ranking.
Review team board is only for books one gets for review. Other reviews should be posted in the appropriate forums. Reviews of your own books won't increase your rank, but will bolster your post count.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
jamespoet

Post by jamespoet »

gali wrote:Review team board is only for books one gets for review. Other reviews should be posted in the appropriate forums. Reviews of your own books won't increase your rank, but will bolster your post count.
That makes perfect sense. Thanks for the heads up.
gali

Post by gali »

You are welcome! :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”