Chosing a book

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

lacergunn
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lacergunn.html

Chosing a book

Post by lacergunn »

I've been using this forum for about a month now, and want to start doing that advertised "get free books to review" thing with the cash intensive, of course. Can i get a step by step guide on actually requesting the book, and getting the money?
AmandaR
Favorite Author: Way too many to list
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandar.html
Latest Review: "Cinque Terre, Florence, Umbria" by Enrico Massetti

Post by AmandaR »

I am in the middle of this process as well. I can clue you in on a few steps. However, someone else may be better at this than me. Hopefully someone else will post here as well to help you.

First, make sure you do all the things on the page where the Online Book Forum advertised writing book reviews. I can't put the URl here, but there is a link to the page through the OBF homepage.

After that, you should be accepted into the Review Team. You can get to it by hitting the tab at the top of the Online Book Club homepage called "Forum Home". Once you hit that tab, the "Review Team" Forum is one of the first ones available to you. Click that and make sure you set your preferences and calculate your score.

That is as far as I have gotten. Waiting for the books to show up now so I can review them. Scott says it could take about a week for them to process unless you post more on the forum. For every post, your waiting time is cut by an hour.

Hope that was slightly helpful to you. :-)
"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain." - Emily Dickenson
Latest Review: "Cinque Terre, Florence, Umbria" by Enrico Massetti
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Please follow the steps explained in the FAQ:

http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/faq.php#f11r0

Then you can get your answers from the Review Team Page itself.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”