Can we cross-post our book reviews to Amazon?

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

lemming
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lemming.html
Latest Review: "Broken Land, A Brooklyn Tale" by John Biscello

Can we cross-post our book reviews to Amazon?

Post by lemming »

Is there any problem if we post reviews that we write for onlinebookclub review team to Amazon? It takes me a while to read and review a book, so would like to take the opportunity to boost my Amazon review count if I can.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

You aren't allowed to do so. The guidelines clearly state that we can't: "The review is exclusive to OnlineBookClub.org, meaning you cannot post it on another website". You can only write a different review of the book or summarize the review in different words.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
lemming
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lemming.html

Post by lemming »

gali wrote:You aren't allowed to do so. The guidelines clearly state that we can't: "The review is exclusive to OnlineBookClub.org, meaning you cannot post it on another website". You can only write a different review of the book or summarize the review in different words.
Ah OK, maybe I should learn to read before writing book reviews. :) thank you for taking the time to reply.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

lemming wrote:
gali wrote:You aren't allowed to do so. The guidelines clearly state that we can't: "The review is exclusive to OnlineBookClub.org, meaning you cannot post it on another website". You can only write a different review of the book or summarize the review in different words.
Ah OK, maybe I should learn to read before writing book reviews. :) thank you for taking the time to reply.
You are welcome. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Yes, please don't cross-post the review to Amazon. However, I greatly encourage you to post a quick blurb in new words to Amazon as well as it helps the author get more of what they were looking for by sending us a free review copy of their book. If you mention you reviewed the book officially at Online Book Club (I doubt Amazon would let you put an actual link though), then that's great for the site too.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”