Curious about review times

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

sighingsoftly
Bookshelf Size: 0

Curious about review times

Post by sighingsoftly »

I originally requested a review back in August, but due to changing my reviewer after a couple of months, it didn't get started till much later. I'm just wondering, after the reviewer finishes reading the book, typically, or on average, how long might a review take to write? Let's say, for example, it says a reviewer has finished reading and is in the process of writing the review on Nov. 20th. Would it be typical for it to take 2 months?

Also, are we allowed, after we get our review, to contact our reviewer directly and pick their brains, so to speak? (By PM I mean, so as not to spam any walls or the review itself)

Thanks for your time. Not in a big hurry, so it's not urgent.

Sincerely,
K. :)
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

No you aren't supposed to contact the reviewer privately. This is to protect the integrity of the system.

The reviewers usually write the reviews within a week after finishing the book. However, I usually allow them up to a month because I don't want o sacrifice quality for speed.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
sighingsoftly
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sighingsoftly »

Yes, I can see that would make sense.
Contacting them might make them feel uncomforatble. And I value an honest review more.

Thank you for your response, and I will await my review of "A Once and Future Planet" which I'm sure then, will be written soon. I hope. lol

And to nameless/faceless reviewer, thank you for your time and effort regardless of the review!

-- 09 Feb 2014, 01:00 --

I uploaded my book in August. I am wondering what's going on with my book review? Someone picked it up in Sept. then said it wasn't for them, and it was given to someone else, and I was sent an email saying it was read, and the reviewer was in the process of writing a review. That was back in November. I believe November 20th to be more accurate. Now, it's Feb 8th, and I've just received another email saying that a reviewer has picked up my book and is in the process of reading it. So, now three people have read, or started to read my book, and no one wants to review it? Is there any way to get a more accurate time frame for when SOMEONE might finish a review for me? It's ok if the review is bad, I can take constructive critisism. I can learn and improve from critisism. But if I have no feedback at all, how can I work on the things I'm doing badly? Thank you for looking into this for me!

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”