HELP! I am not getting paid!

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Sveta
Currently Reading: Out of the Box Everlasting
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sveta.html
Latest Review: "Dirtball" by Eric Olsen

Re: HELP! I am not getting paid!

Post by Sveta »

Mine says payment is in dispute...payment held due to dispute - ACTION REQUIRED ON YOUR PART. I am very upset and angry because I rewrote the blurb back on December 3rd and I'm still not getting paid what I'm owed. Before that I had to wait from September to get a chance to rewrite the blurb... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Oh okay. I'm sorry. I haven't come across that issue before. I hope Scott gets back to you soon and is able to help you get it sorted out.
Sveta

Post by Sveta »

Its okay, not your fault. I'm just tired of not being taken seriously and of waiting for the payment for a book I didn't even like.
TrishaAnn92
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

To be honest that may be why they are disputing it payment. Even though they ask for an honest review they do tend to cling to the but fair part like its a life line. I haven't had one book, it was free, that wasn't published by author request because I didn't like the book and I made it known in my review of it. Best of luck to you.
Sveta

Post by Sveta »

To be fair, in my book reviews I mention what I like even if I may give it a negative rating. Honestly, which would the author rather have, one bad review with some good things, or just nothing but negativity about his behavior and the fact he's a liar? Personally if I know that an author mistreats fans, then there's no way will I be reading or getting their books. If I recall right, I gave it 2 or 3 stars.
TrishaAnn92

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Well did you bash them when you got to the negative stuff? In the book I read I also gave what I did like but then I ripped into them with the negative. Looking at it now, I realized I was more brutally honest and unfair and kne I could have written it a little more professionally. It's a live and learn you have to be balanced with your honesty and fairness if that makes any sense.
Sveta

Post by Sveta »

I think in the "blurb" I might have bashed the author, but I'm not sure if I did that in review. Here's the link for the book: hope its okay to post it.
Last edited by Sveta on 02 Feb 2014, 23:09, edited 2 times in total.
TrishaAnn92

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Oh okay.
Sveta

Post by Sveta »

Here's the link to the review: for me personally it doesn't as if I'm bashing the author, but I might be wrong

http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewto ... 31&t=14835
TrishaAnn92

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I can see how the author may have felt they were being bashed. It seemed honest to me but looking at it way an author might have talking about author after giving what you didntblike could make them think you ate not only putting the book down but putting them down...or that may not be the case and your review just wasn't what they wanted to see, they may have wanted a 3 star at minimum. There is no way to know really until it gets resolved.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I feel that there is no much point to a review if one doesn't say his honest opinion about it. I know some authors take it badly if someone dare criticize the book. But, hey it is their problem. If they ask for a honest review, they shouldn't complain about getting one.

I always write my honest opinion, but try to do go about it gently. My reviews are mostly about the book itself and the writing etc. and I don't give the background of the author himself.

Your review seems fine and fair to me, though I would have emitted the parts about what I learned (or didn't learn) from the book. Not all books are written in the purpose of passing on a message. If I enjoy a book, I recommend it even if it didn't have any message to speak of. And frankly, many books don't have any message to speak of.

They should pay regardless the rating if this system is to work.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
TrishaAnn92

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I do agree with what gali said! They said they were going to pay you so they should. Good luck on future book reviews!
Sveta

Post by Sveta »

Thanks for your support Gali and TrishaAnn92
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I hope all will work out for you.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

The author doesn't and didn't see the review before they started the dispute. The dispute is over the private blurb regarding the ending. I am sorry for the delay. Please understand that there would be a significant incentive for readers to just fudge their way through paid reviews as if they were grade-schoolers cheating on a book report, so I take careful measures to check and make sure books have been read fully and take care with these kinds of disputes. The dispute isn't over the negativity or positivity of the review or rating, especially since the author sees neither before opting to start the dispute, but is in regards solely to whether you convince the author that you carefully read the whole book based on the private blurb.

-- 17 Feb 2014 02:06 pm --

If you a review that is pending payment due to a dispute over the blurb and you have already added followup information but the author has not responded to it, please go to the dispute page and click to request to close the dispute. This will get the process moving again and should have payment issued within a couple days assuming the author doesn't post a response in the meantime, which they may since they will be sent a notice that the dispute has been requested to be closed due to no response.

I appreciate your patience. Please understand that I regularly use this feedback to make adjustments to the software to allow for faster more efficient processing of all the various aspects of the review team system, and to make the interface more user-friendly and straightforward, so the whole thing can work like a well-oiled machine. Obviously, it's a work in progress.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”