Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Off-Topic » Suggestion Box

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Have you ever been paid for the reviews

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

If you have a question or problem regarding the review team system, whether as author or a reviewer, please use the private contact forum.

Re: Have you ever been paid for the reviews

Post Number:#106 by Jennifer Allsbrook
» 27 Oct 2016, 21:32

wasif_ahmed wrote:I have joined about a month ago and still have not gotten paid. I am still in level 0 but hopefully will get to level 2 with my next review and then will get access to paid reviews. :)

I was at level zero but and had 34 points with three published reviews. I noticed that I could raise my points quickly by participating in the BOTM discussions. I posted several comments and was able to bring up my score quickly and now I have reached Level 2! Woot! I was able to download a new book and will get my first pay upon completion of this review. I am excited. :D
Jennifer Allsbrook's Latest Review: "Arrival" by Alex Slade
Jennifer Allsbrook

Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: Thorns and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 91 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 150 Books
Goal Completion: 8%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#107 by Wasif Ahmed
» 28 Oct 2016, 22:01

Same here Jennifer. I just got on to level two and landed my hands on my first paid review. I would like to thank everyone at onlinebookclub who turned my hobby into a way i can make some extra cash. :)
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
Wasif Ahmed's Latest Review: "The Color Of Murder" by Loretta Moore
Wasif Ahmed

Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 100 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device:
2017 Reading Goal: 200 Books
Goal Completion: 21%

Post Number:#108 by LitSiren
» 21 Dec 2016, 22:00

I've never been paid and I would love to one day!
LitSiren

Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 1196 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#109 by Jennifer Allsbrook
» 24 Dec 2016, 14:06

I wrote my first paid review last month!!
Jennifer Allsbrook's Latest Review: "Arrival" by Alex Slade
Jennifer Allsbrook

Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: Thorns and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 91 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 150 Books
Goal Completion: 8%

Post Number:#110 by rssllue
» 24 Dec 2016, 17:49

Jennifer Allsbrook wrote:I wrote my first paid review last month!!

:congratualtions-smiley: :occasion-balloons: :occasion-partyblower:
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
rssllue's Latest Review: "Lost Bastards" by L. Todd Wood
rssllue
Beardmaster of Bookshelves

Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 331 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 190 Books
Goal Completion: 20%

Post Number:#111 by rainbow08
» 30 Dec 2016, 16:34

I just signed up recently and I think I am on my way there but first I need to develop my craft in writing and build my credibility. Just a few questions to those who are currently receiving payment for their reviews; On average, how many free book review shall I finished and how many post shall I make before I can be qualified for payment? Thank you in advance to anyone who is generous enough to share their experience.
rainbow08

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#112 by Wasif Ahmed
» 31 Dec 2016, 01:46

rainbow08 wrote:I just signed up recently and I think I am on my way there but first I need to develop my craft in writing and build my credibility. Just a few questions to those who are currently receiving payment for their reviews; On average, how many free book review shall I finished and how many post shall I make before I can be qualified for payment? Thank you in advance to anyone who is generous enough to share their experience.

Here is how you can land your hand on a paid review-
Make 10 posts in the BOTM forums. This gets you 10 points.
Make 200 posts on the forums. This gets you another 10 points.
Participate in the BOTD and earn the extra points for sharing on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Pintrest. If you are not in any of these sites then you can sign up. This will get you 20 points in 4 days.
At the end of four days you will have 40 points and will be on level 2 where you will get your first paid review.
If you follow this you will get a paid review within four days without even doing even one of those reviews where you only get a free book. Enjoy! :)

-- 31 Dec 2016, 14:56 --

Wasif Ahmed wrote:
rainbow08 wrote:I just signed up recently and I think I am on my way there but first I need to develop my craft in writing and build my credibility. Just a few questions to those who are currently receiving payment for their reviews; On average, how many free book review shall I finished and how many post shall I make before I can be qualified for payment? Thank you in advance to anyone who is generous enough to share their experience.

Here is how you can land your hand on a paid review-
Make 10 posts in the BOTM forums. This gets you 10 points.
Make 200 posts on the forums. This gets you another 10 points.
Participate in the BOTD and earn the extra points for sharing on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Pintrest. If you are not in any of these sites then you can sign up. This will get you 20 points in 4 days.
At the end of four days you will have 40 points and will be on level 2 where you will get your first paid review.
If you follow this you will get a paid review within four days without even doing even one of those reviews where you only get a free book. Enjoy! :)

Ohhh...and I forgot to add that you should add books that you have already to your bookshelf as well. Just add the books that you have already read...its quite easy. Just go to my shelves first. This will get you 10 points. :)
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
Wasif Ahmed

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device:

Post Number:#113 by Gravy
» 31 Dec 2016, 20:13

You first have to join the official review team. I would suggest reading the FAQs page. It will explain the process of joining :tiphat:
Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves

Favorite Author: Too Many To List
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: A Long Way Home
Bookshelf Size: 853 books
2017 Reading Goal: 60 Books
Goal Completion: 38%

Post Number:#114 by Ahoward0977
» 01 Jan 2017, 12:55

I'' finding this page hard to navigate. I just signed up and am not sure what I need to do in order to advance my level. Any advice?
Ahoward0977

Currently Reading: Faithless
Bookshelf Size: 47 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 86%

Post Number:#115 by gali
» 01 Jan 2017, 12:56

Ahoward0977 wrote:I'' finding this page hard to navigate. I just signed up and am not sure what I need to do in order to advance my level. Any advice?

I suggest you read the FAQ. Good luck!
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gali's Latest Review: "Enough Rope" by P.L. Doss
gali
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Whip Hand
Bookshelf Size: 1609 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle (E-Ink)
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 34%

Post Number:#116 by lilian Atieno
» 12 Mar 2017, 07:37

I just joined the other day do I need to purchase the reading device
lilian Atieno

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#117 by Wasif Ahmed
» 12 Mar 2017, 08:23

@"lilian Atieno"
Nope, you don't. The books for reviews are available in many formats from .pdf to word. Also, kindle books can be read from the free kindle app which is available on the Windows, Apple as well as the Android store.
Wasif Ahmed

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device:

Post Number:#118 by TCC Edwards
» 15 Mar 2017, 23:29

I've written a paid review but was never paid for it. I found out that even when you get to a level where you can get paid reviews, it doesn't necessarily mean the payout will go through. I won't say which book or author, but I finished the review, wrote it up for the review forum, and included a 'spoiler' message which wouldn't be seen in the published review. The author was supposed to read the 'spoiler' and then confirm my review - but he never did.

I'll try again, but the book in question was a real drag and the experience put me off a bit. I'm sure my experience isn't typical - right?

edit: I'll clarify that the review was counted as 'finished', but is not currently visible to the public. I'm not referring to the book that currently appears beneath all my posts - that was a free review.
TCC Edwards's Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch
TCC Edwards

Currently Reading: The Bands of Mourning
Bookshelf Size: 14 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 20 Books
Goal Completion: 10%

Post Number:#119 by Wasif Ahmed
» 15 Mar 2017, 23:35

TCC Edwards wrote:I've written a paid review but was never paid for it. I found out that even when you get to a level where you can get paid reviews, it doesn't necessarily mean the payout will go through. I won't say which book or author, but I finished the review, wrote it up for the review forum, and included a 'spoiler' message which wouldn't be seen in the published review. The author was supposed to read the 'spoiler' and then confirm my review - but he never did.

I'll try again, but the book in question was a real drag and the experience put me off a bit. I'm sure my experience isn't typical - right?

edit: I'll clarify that the review was counted as 'finished', but is not currently visible to the public. I'm not referring to the book that currently appears beneath all my posts - that was a free review.

Same thing happened to me, i contacted Scott about it and he paid the money. :tiphat:
Wasif Ahmed

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device:

Post Number:#120 by gali
» 15 Mar 2017, 23:44

TCC Edwards wrote:I've written a paid review but was never paid for it. I found out that even when you get to a level where you can get paid reviews, it doesn't necessarily mean the payout will go through. I won't say which book or author, but I finished the review, wrote it up for the review forum, and included a 'spoiler' message which wouldn't be seen in the published review. The author was supposed to read the 'spoiler' and then confirm my review - but he never did.

You should privately contact Scott about it and ask to be paid. I did quite a few paid reviews and the payout always went through.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gali's Latest Review: "Enough Rope" by P.L. Doss
gali
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Whip Hand
Bookshelf Size: 1609 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 34%

PreviousNext