Help how do you ask for help

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

sfm
Bookshelf Size: 0

Help how do you ask for help

Post by sfm »

how do you ask for help?

I sent email - it is unmaned and said to come here and pm Scott
I tried to pm Scott what was sent to me and told it was marked as spam :shock:
I need help to find out why I keep being asked to go and buy my review?
I did honestly think the reviews were free so perhaps I was mistaken
Meadow337

Post by Meadow337 »

Unfortunately I do think you are mistaken and contacting people seems to be very difficult or at least getting a response from any one. Please can some one respond to this and my numerous mails on the problems I have, which I can easily keep sending until such time as some one responds. The longer it takes for a response the angrier I'm going to get and the more likely I am to report this site.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

sfm wrote:how do you ask for help?

I sent email - it is unmaned and said to come here and pm Scott
I tried to pm Scott what was sent to me and told it was marked as spam :shock:
I need help to find out why I keep being asked to go and buy my review?
I did honestly think the reviews were free so perhaps I was mistaken
You should only be reminded that payment is still needed if you chose an advertising/incentives package when you submitted the review request. We do also offer free review requests, but of course the turnaround time is longer for those.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
sfm

Post by sfm »

Hi Scott

when I submitted my book I didn't even know you had paid reviews - mine was and is a free review request with the file uploaded in pdf but still keep getting emails to gift it when I can't because the UK doesn't have this feature :(
stephanieelmas1

Post by stephanieelmas1 »

I honestly don't know how to get in contact with Scott, even though I've tried everything over and over again now. I paid $30 for a review of my book. I had a message a week later from a reviewer with feedback that made it quite plain that only half my book had been read. I tried to alert Scott to this. Since then I have left him countless messages. I have had no reply and feel as if I've been cheated out of $30. This is not impressive. Stephanie
mgentile
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mgentile.html

Post by mgentile »

I would like to delete my account, this just isnt for me. I can not find anything that tells me how to do this. I have tried to email Scott a few times and no response. Does anyone know how to delete my account? Thanks
sblake
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sblake.html
Latest Review: "Raven" by Vasyl Shkliar

Post by sblake »

I also need to get in contact with Scott. I have a review marked as needing action on my part, but it does not indicate what to do, or have any kind of link. I tried sending a couple of messages, but am not sure if they are really going anywhere or not so I am posting here as well.

Thanks,

Shawnda
Latest Review: "Raven" by Vasyl Shkliar
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

For the reviews saying "action required" and the disputes over whether the book was fully read, I have added a script to handle these issues.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

sfm

Post by sfm »

wonderful thank you
normapadro

Post by normapadro »

Hello. I will like to delete my account. I'm not interested in it any longer. I couldn't find anywhere where I can delete it. What can I do?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

normapadro wrote:Hello. I will like to delete my account. I'm not interested in it any longer. I couldn't find anywhere where I can delete it. What can I do?
Pm Scott about this or wait for him to see this message.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
normapadro

Post by normapadro »

gali wrote:
normapadro wrote:Hello. I will like to delete my account. I'm not interested in it any longer. I couldn't find anywhere where I can delete it. What can I do?
Pm Scott about this or wait for him to see this message.
Hello. Thanks for your reply. I will send him a message.
TammyChan

Post by TammyChan »

Hello. I will like to delete my account. I'm not interested in it any longer. I couldn't find anywhere where I can delete it. What can I do?
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

TammyChan wrote:Hello. I will like to delete my account. I'm not interested in it any longer. I couldn't find anywhere where I can delete it. What can I do?
Please scroll to the bottom of the page while logged in and click the contact link. Alternatively, you can find the same contact link by clicking the private message icon next to my name on my posts.

A_showers1196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-showers1196.html

Post by A_showers1196 »

I would like to have my account deleted but I was unable to pm Scott about it so here I am. If someone could help that would be great.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”