Posting a Review Request

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

dhoefer
Bookshelf Size: 0

Posting a Review Request

Post by dhoefer »

I posted a request for a review of my book TheSelf, but my email says it has not posted. When I try to re-submit I get a," your description does not even have a one sentence"statement.

What is a "sticky" review? And Is payment required to get one?
davidhoefer

Post by davidhoefer »

If you need me to send a copy of the book please give me an address. Thanks
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Most likely you do not need to resubmit a new request. You need to follow the link in the email telling you to finish the request, and follow the steps to finish it. Usually this means uploading the book, which isn't done when initially filling out the review request form.

I notice you have two different accounts. This is likely to create confusion. The system will see you as two different people. You will need to login with the corresponding account to manage the review request. I suggest you figure out which account is correct and then ask me to delete the other one to avoid further confusion. If you submitted more than 1 request, I also suggest you notify me of the duplicates and which ones to delete. You want to have 1 account on the forum and 1 review request both with the same email address.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
dhoefer

Post by dhoefer »

Sirs, Please re-send your email telling me what info is yet needed for review of my submission of TheSelf by dl hoefer.
When I finally found out how to convert my publishers copy to html, I couldn't get back to the upload page.
dhoefer

Post by dhoefer »

Also, in trying to submit for review, I was unable to find TheSelf in your used book site, it didn't accept my ISSN# and of course since it wasn't in your site I couldn't copy/past your # into the application form - things I needed to complete to apply for a review.

-- 03 Aug 2013, 13:53 --

Thanks, I apologize for having more than one review request. I can't seem to get back to the page allowing me to complete my 1st request - which contained promises I didn't understand such as availability of book copies to reviewers and availability in your used book site. I'm in process of completing another app - however, only one, if I'm ever able to complete this process will be valid and I would say delete the other two.
Meadow337

Post by Meadow337 »

Also having difficulties with a review request. Please can someone respond to my mails on this?
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

dhoefer, I am not sure I understand your questions or what trouble you are having. I have emailed you a link that will help you. Let me know if you have any further questions.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

CDGorri

Post by CDGorri »

hi, i can not get a copy of my book in html, is there a way to go ahead with the review request without it??
i've sent two emails, but haven't heard back yet. maybe there is a simple way of doing this? can anyone help?
thanks, c.d. gorri
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

CDGorri wrote:hi, i can not get a copy of my book in html, is there a way to go ahead with the review request without it??
i've sent two emails, but haven't heard back yet. maybe there is a simple way of doing this? can anyone help?
thanks, c.d. gorri
I have solved this issue for you in response to a message using the contact form.

CDGorri

Post by CDGorri »

thank you!! you rock!! <3

-- 05 Jun 2014, 08:44 --

hi, just wondering where do the review requests show up?
JessiAnne26
Currently Reading: A Novel Bookstore
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessianne26.html
Latest Review: "Positive Thinking Positive Life: The Mindset" by Phil Hunter

Post by JessiAnne26 »

is there a way for the book i am trying to review, Onward Kitchen Soldiers, to be re-gifted to me? when i went to amazon it had said that it had been gifted to me but i couldn't download it and then when i refreshed the page it no longer said it was gifted to me. i'd really like to get started on reading this book for review but i need the book first lol. Thank you for your help in advance!!!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

JessiAnne26 wrote:is there a way for the book i am trying to review, Onward Kitchen Soldiers, to be re-gifted to me? when i went to amazon it had said that it had been gifted to me but i couldn't download it and then when i refreshed the page it no longer said it was gifted to me. i'd really like to get started on reading this book for review but i need the book first lol. Thank you for your help in advance!!!
Have you submitted an error message as well? You should go to your Review team page to do that.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
JessiAnne26
Currently Reading: A Novel Bookstore
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessianne26.html

Post by JessiAnne26 »

gali wrote:
JessiAnne26 wrote:is there a way for the book i am trying to review, Onward Kitchen Soldiers, to be re-gifted to me? when i went to amazon it had said that it had been gifted to me but i couldn't download it and then when i refreshed the page it no longer said it was gifted to me. i'd really like to get started on reading this book for review but i need the book first lol. Thank you for your help in advance!!!
Have you submitted an error message as well? You should go to your Review team page to do that.
Hi Gali

Yes i submitted an error report. I am curious how long it takes to get a response to those (i didn't see anything in the FAQ's and i know there's a lot of activity so i don't know what to expect as far as turnaround for a resolution). Any help from anywhere would be greatly appreciated!
CDGorri

Post by CDGorri »

can multiple reviewers choose an ebook or is it one at a time?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

CDGorri wrote:can multiple reviewers choose an ebook or is it one at a time?
Multiple reviewers can choose different ebooks, but not the same one. An author can choose to offer several copies of his book, but I think it has to be done one at a time.

-- June 19th, 2014, 5:53 am --
JessiAnne26 wrote:
gali wrote:
Hi Gali

Yes i submitted an error report. I am curious how long it takes to get a response to those (i didn't see anything in the FAQ's and i know there's a lot of activity so i don't know what to expect as far as turnaround for a resolution). Any help from anywhere would be greatly appreciated!
Maybe you better pm Scott about it as well, though the error reports are sent to him. Scott is the only one dealing with those issues. As soon as Scott sees those issues, he will take care of it. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”