November Book of the Month

Welcome

• Welcome to the Book and Reading Forums! If you are a member, please log in. Otherwise, please join now! It's quick, easy and free!

Need Opinions on a free short memoir

Put your comments, suggestions, and questions about the forums here. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.

Need Opinions on a free short memoir

Post Number:#1  Postby tbughi1 » 14 Sep 2012, 08:30

I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by asking for opinions on a free short story. If so, please delete this thread.

At eight-years-old, I struggled with suicidal thoughts from bullying school. In the end, I did not go through with it and instead fought back with willpower and determination. Unfortunately, there are far too many others out there who have made a different choice.

I want to share my story with those kids, and I hope that in doing so there will be one less parent out there who will have to bury their child this year. So, I am doing my part in the only way I know how - through writing.

I've written a short memoir (13k words) and posted it on Smashwords, title is "A Victim of Bullying," for free, and I can think of no better place to start asking for opinions than from other authors and avid readers. If you have the time, the stomach, and the interest in helping me, please give me your opinion of it.
I prefer brutal honesty above everything else, and thank you in advance.
Apparently, I am one of many who is human.
tbughi1

Favorite Author: Bernard Cornwell
Favorite Book: Dune by Frank Herbert

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Need Opinions on a free short memoir

Post Number:#2  Postby Scott » 14 Dec 2012, 18:55

Please submit your book for review at:

http://onlinebookclub.org/review-requests/

Thank you!
Scott
Online Book Club ~ Tell your friends!

"Only the descent into the hell of self-knowledge can pave the way to godliness." -Immanuel Kant
Scott
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Voltairine de Cleyre
Favorite Book: Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck