Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Off-Topic » Suggestion Box

Need Opinions on a free short memoir

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

If you have a question or problem regarding the review team system, whether as author or a reviewer, please use the private contact forum.

Need Opinions on a free short memoir

Post Number:#1  Postby tbughi1 » 14 Sep 2012, 08:30

I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by asking for opinions on a free short story. If so, please delete this thread.

At eight-years-old, I struggled with suicidal thoughts from bullying school. In the end, I did not go through with it and instead fought back with willpower and determination. Unfortunately, there are far too many others out there who have made a different choice.

I want to share my story with those kids, and I hope that in doing so there will be one less parent out there who will have to bury their child this year. So, I am doing my part in the only way I know how - through writing.

I've written a short memoir (13k words) and posted it on Smashwords, title is "A Victim of Bullying," for free, and I can think of no better place to start asking for opinions than from other authors and avid readers. If you have the time, the stomach, and the interest in helping me, please give me your opinion of it.
I prefer brutal honesty above everything else, and thank you in advance.
Apparently, I am one of many who is human.
Favorite Author: Bernard Cornwell
Favorite Book: Dune by Frank Herbert
Bookshelf Size: 0 books

Did you know?
Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Need Opinions on a free short memoir

Post Number:#2  Postby Scott » 14 Dec 2012, 18:55

Please submit your book for review at:

Thank you!
Did you know ALynnPowers wrote books? I sure as naughty word didn't. Check it out!

"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Voltairine de Cleyre
Favorite Book: Holding Fire
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 122 books
Reading Device: Nook Simple