Author's 'Notice Board'

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Lakelander
Bookshelf Size: 0

Author's 'Notice Board'

Post by Lakelander »

The OLBC seems to have an ever growing number of published authors among its Members, which I think is just great. Is there a list anywhere of these authors and their books, so that readers might browse the Previews? Who knows, the OLBC could yet discover the next international best-seller among our ranks. Wouldn't that be a feather in our collective cap? Should there be a 'Notice Board' where authors can simply enter their titles together with the book's Pitch and Preview plus any existing Reviews, without in any way, blowing their own trumpet?
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Lakelander wrote:The OLBC seems to have an ever growing number of published authors among its Members, which I think is just great. Is there a list anywhere of these authors and their books, so that readers might browse the Previews? Who knows, the OLBC could yet discover the next international best-seller among our ranks. Wouldn't that be a feather in our collective cap? Should there be a 'Notice Board' where authors can simply enter their titles together with the book's Pitch and Preview plus any existing Reviews, without in any way, blowing their own trumpet?
Like that's going to happen :lol: :lol:
We already have a Request a Review option for new authors ... which Scott had done a considerable amount of work on & I'd suggest it more that adequately covers the requirement.
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

To reiterate what Fran already said, this idea of a notice board is a good idea but seems to already be covered in a slightly differently organized way with the review system. In this way, we do not have to worry about authors spamming us with self-promotion, but we give them an even better chance of getting even better publicity for their book by having an honest review published by a third-party whose endorsement surely means more than the author's own endorsement of his own book. As the reviews start coming in, I will create an organized list of all the reviews of these independent books. All the authors who get reviewed in this way are members of the forum, even if they have not made a post.

Authors can submit a review request for their book at: Review Request

Non-Authors can request access to the free books available for review at the Usergroups Tab of the User Control Panel.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Lakelander
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lakelander »

Thanks Scott, for your usual prompt and attentive response. I reckon an organised list of all the Reviews of OLBC Member's independantly published books, wiil be of great assistance and interest, to authors and readers alike. Together, we'll find that new best-seller, yet!

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”