Featured Review

Welcome

• Welcome to the Book and Reading Forums! If you are a member, please log in. Otherwise, please join now! It's quick, easy and free!

Finalize review request problem

Put your comments, suggestions, and questions about the forums here. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.

Finalize review request problem

Post Number:#1  Postby mitchwaldman » 22 Jul 2012, 07:48

Hi. I previously submitted a book review request and received an email requesting me to go to a link to finalize the request. But, when I do so I get a blank form and have to fill in the info again. Then when I hit submit I get a message which says "You have already submitted a book review request", and am tol to hit the link "Finalize review" which takes me back to the same form which is blank, so...in short....it won't let me submit or finalize anything. Can you help?
mitchwaldman

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Finalize review request problem

Post Number:#2  Postby Scott » 22 Jul 2012, 16:24

Are you sure the email address associated with your account on the forums is the same as the one you used to submit the original request and are using to submit new requests?
Online Book Club ~ Tell your friends!

"Only the descent into the hell of self-knowledge can pave the way to godliness." -Immanuel Kant
Scott
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Voltairine de Cleyre
Favorite Book: Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

Post Number:#3  Postby mitchwaldman » 22 Jul 2012, 17:03

Yes.
mitchwaldman

Post Number:#4  Postby Scott » 22 Jul 2012, 18:00

There is no pending review request in the database for the email address associated with the account mitchwaldman. Perhaps this was caused by an error yesterday when I first uploaded the new system. When is the last time you encountered this error? Are you still getting the same error when you try to submit your review request?

"Only the descent into the hell of self-knowledge can pave the way to godliness." -Immanuel Kant
Scott
Site Admin

Post Number:#5  Postby mitchwaldman » 22 Jul 2012, 20:19

If I submit another review request will that put my book at the back of the line of submissions?
Last edited by Scott on 23 Jul 2012, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove mention of own book
mitchwaldman

Post Number:#6  Postby Scott » 23 Jul 2012, 01:13

There is no line of submissions. Each reviewer chooses the book from available requests that they want to review based on their own personal preferences using the description, genre, author bio and whether or not an incentive package has been purchased.

I think if you submit a new request the error you experienced before will be resolved.

Scott
Site Admin

Post Number:#7  Postby mitchwaldman » 23 Jul 2012, 08:29

Scott--

Well, I resubmitted a review request, but received an email reply saying that the review request will not be processed until (1) I respond to an email to verify my email address and (2) that I set up an account with that email address as there is no account associated with this email address, which is odd since I signed onto my account with just this email address to post you this message!

So, what do I do now?
mitchwaldman

Post Number:#8  Postby mitchwaldman » 23 Jul 2012, 09:07

Well, now it looks like I had two emails registered differently -- one for the topic forum and one for the review request!

-- 23 Jul 2012, 10:55 --

Okay, seem to be okay now after using the other email address. The book review request has been submitted and accepted. Thanks.
mitchwaldman

Post Number:#9  Postby tonywlls999 » 05 Sep 2012, 20:10

Can you advise when my review will be posted please? It was completed Sat Sep 1st, and according to my status update it would be made public in 48 hours.
tonywlls999

Post Number:#10  Postby ceshiwuhao » 28 Feb 2013, 02:42

Can you advise when my review will be posted please?
ceshiwuhao

Post Number:#11  Postby Scott » 04 May 2013, 19:23

Are all these accounts posting in this topic registered to the same person? Or are you all asking about different books?

Scott
Site Admin

Post Number:#12  Postby mitchwaldman » 05 May 2013, 06:35

Scott,

I only asked about my book in this post. The other two individuals must be asking, separately. about their books.

Mitchell Waldman
mitchwaldman