Kindle books are now available at some libraries!

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
faceman3535
Favorite Author: Jack McKinney
Favorite Book: Robotech Genesis
Currently Reading: The Hunt For Red October
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faceman3535.html
Latest Review: "Summer" by Michelle Zoetemeyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Kindle books are now available at some libraries!

Post by faceman3535 »

I just got a Kindle and I am trying to understand the whole borrowing from the library thing. My problem is that it is hard for me to find what books are available for the Kindle. Wish they could make it simpler to find which books work with the Kindle.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

faceman3535 wrote:I just got a Kindle and I am trying to understand the whole borrowing from the library thing. My problem is that it is hard for me to find what books are available for the Kindle. Wish they could make it simpler to find which books work with the Kindle.
When I got my Kindle first I found the Kindle Help on the Amazon site superb - most queries were already dealt with in the FAQ's section but even if you prob isn't already covered you can submit it & the Support team respond very quickly & explain things step by step.
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
faceman3535
Favorite Author: Jack McKinney
Favorite Book: Robotech Genesis
Currently Reading: The Hunt For Red October
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faceman3535.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by faceman3535 »

Thank you,
It does make me feel great that there are people out there who are there if one needs any help.
Again thanks for the respond.
kaylahar6
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylahar6.html
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan

Post by kaylahar6 »

:mrgreen: Cool! I'll have to check it out! :lol:
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan
kirjabug
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirjabug.html

Post by kirjabug »

Kindle still doesn't work at my local library for some reason
gatorgirl_823
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gatorgirl-823.html
Latest Review: "Slam" by Tash McAdam

Post by gatorgirl_823 »

I LOVE that you can borrow Kindle eBooks from the library. I use this option all the time. My library lets me borrow directly from Amazon, which is nice, since I download from there all the time. I usually always have something borrowed, so I can read in the car line while waiting to pick up my son from school.
Latest Review: "Slam" by Tash McAdam
hope4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hope4.html

Post by hope4 »

You are forgiven. For those of us with Kindles, we understand. You see it is like your preference in the make of car you own, you are a Chevy person, or a Dodge, a Ford...we all have our preferences. This is my 3rd Kindle and I love them. I've tried my Dad's nook and did not care for it. Kindle is the brand I prefer!
andrea patti

Post by andrea patti »

Meka wrote:Yay! Amazon has finally made it possible to borrow Kindle books from the public library. I was so excited when I found this out I went and got a library card, I hadn't had one in years...lol
I have borrowed kindle books from library, but there is still nothing like holding an honest to God real book in your hands. Its a convient way to read when because of bad weather, health, etc, one can't get out of house to library itself. :D
booklver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =10102">An Ember in the Ashes</a>
Currently Reading: Defending Jacob
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by booklver »

Meka wrote:Yay! Amazon has finally made it possible to borrow Kindle books from the public library. I was so excited when I found this out I went and got a library card, I hadn't had one in years...lol
I LOVE THIS!!! It is so nice to finish up a book and want something new to read and to be able to log into my library and just check out books. I really only use my Kindle for reading books, however my husband uses his to access the internet, play games and watch videos. So the only thing I really know how to do on my Kindle is read! :P
minnieminx
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-minnieminx.html

Post by minnieminx »

Hi can someone tell me how to go about borrowing library books for my kindle
suzanneseidel
Currently Reading: Blind Assassin
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzanneseidel.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by suzanneseidel »

I use Download Destination to rent ebooks using my library card. They have a huge selection and I love being able to put ebooks on hold.
mwhitedances13
Currently Reading: Dorothy Must Die
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwhitedances13.html

Post by mwhitedances13 »

My library has ebooks that are in a variety of formats, one of which is for Kindle. All you have to do is digitally check out the library book and it will show up in your kindle account. At the end of the load period, the book returns to the library. You do have to go and delete it from your kindle if you don't like having the picture of the no longer existent book on your kindle.
Debra Anderson

Post by Debra Anderson »

I have actually borrowed kindle books from library. And I can get the authors and titles I love!

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”