I got a Kindle!

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Meka
Bookshelf Size: 0

I got a Kindle!

Post by Meka »

I am so excited :D No more paper books for me!
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Meka wrote:I am so excited :D No more paper books for me!
Welcome to the future .... although personally I still haven't fully deserted the good old way :lol:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Simworm
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: White Noise - Don DeLillo
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Simworm »

Nice, I really want one. I'm still behind in these ways of the world though.
"Oh, tis love that makes the world go round" - Lewis Carroll
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Im thinking about getting one, I need to move up to the 21st century. Ive got to save my pesos for a while, though. I guess I can live on beans and tortillas for a while,
. :lol:
Meka

Post by Meka »

I definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading. My new goal is to see if I can reach it's 3,500 book capacity...lol

@Bighuey...beans and tortillas sounds yummy to me...lol
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Meka wrote:I definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading. My new goal is to see if I can reach it's 3,500 book capacity...lol

@Bighuey...beans and tortillas sounds yummy to me...lol
Meka, beans and tortillas are good but they would get old after a while. :lol: How much is a Kindle? Arent they about 300 dollars?
Meka

Post by Meka »

I have the Kindle 3G which cost $139, there is a Kindle 3G with wifi $189 the difference is you can surf the internet on the one for $189 and the one for $139 has advertisements as a screen saver (grrr). I think there is a Kindle DX that cost somewhere between $3-$4 hundred I'm not sure about that one though. Hope I helped!
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Meka wrote:I have the Kindle 3G which cost $139, there is a Kindle 3G with wifi $189 the difference is you can surf the internet on the one for $189 and the one for $139 has advertisements as a screen saver (grrr). I think there is a Kindle DX that cost somewhere between $3-$4 hundred I'm not sure about that one though. Hope I helped!

Yes that did help. Thank you. The 139 dollar one is within my budget. Where do you get them at? Would Walmart have them?
Meka

Post by Meka »

U can only get it through Amazon or at Target which is where I got mine, I didn't want to wait for delivery...lol
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Thank you. Ive got to go to the states in the next couple weeks Ill check it out.
Meka

Post by Meka »

Your welcome :)
Pigs on the Wing

Post by Pigs on the Wing »

I have trouble reading books electronically, but I guess I'll have to catch up with the ways of the world in that aspect fairly soon, oh well I still love owning physical copies of books
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Pigs on the Wing wrote:I have trouble reading books electronically, but I guess I'll have to catch up with the ways of the world in that aspect fairly soon, oh well I still love owning physical copies of books
Im the same, im planning to get a Kindle for Christmas more out of curiosity than anything else, it will be interesting to see what i make of it as a reading format. :D
You only live once.....so live!
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Ive found I can put text e books on my camera, it works ok but if Im partway through a book theres no way to mark the place. When I start to read it where I left off I have to scroll to find my place, its a pain in the butt.
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

Why do most people buy a Kindle? There is BeBook Neo, Nook, Sony Reader, Alex eReader, iPad and Kobo to name a few. None of which I own but my friends swear by Kobo so what is it about a Kindle? The best features or the best marketing campaign?
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”