I got a Kindle!

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

I have been pricing different types of e book readers and they run from 80 dollars on up. The ones you have mentioned i have seen, I dont need anything fancy most of my e books are HTML and text and adobe pdf. I would like to know which would be the best for me. I dont know anything about them and I am confused about which one would be the best for me.
Davinci
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Davinci »

Got a Sony ereader 2 years ago .... was thinking of buying the Kindle anyway but my next buy is gonna be an Ipad

I thought I could stop buying paper books .... I buy less but still like them
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

I bought one a couple weeks ago, it an Aluratek for about 42 dollars. Its supposed to be one of the top ones and it works great.
TagBag

Post by TagBag »

eBook?
i still would prefer paper books
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Paper books are great if you have the room for them.
Mariafransisca11

Post by Mariafransisca11 »

many ebooks are free while paperbook are not
Thailander

Post by Thailander »

Bought the Sony first. Really impressed and very easy to use. Then bought the Kindle 3G keyboard and wow. Not as intuitive/ user friendly as the Sony but way better to read. Working in the middle east I am commonly in bright light and the E-Ink type screen on the Kindle gives of less glare than a paper book. For bright light/ beach reading I haven't found any thing to beat the kindle. My only complaints are the screen of the unit is quite fragile and Amazon don't seem to have all books available ( I still have my Sony for the latter reason).
DaveOl

Post by DaveOl »

Meka wrote:I have the Kindle 3G which cost $139, there is a Kindle 3G with wifi $189 the difference is you can surf the internet on the one for $189 and the one for $139 has advertisements as a screen saver (grrr). I think there is a Kindle DX that cost somewhere between $3-$4 hundred I'm not sure about that one though. Hope I helped!
The Kindle that sells for $ 139 does not have advertisements. You are thinking of the lower model that has no keyboard. There may be a Kindle for $ 139 with ads that is both 3-G and Wi-Fi though.
frost32

Post by frost32 »

I have a Kindle DX. And I have to say it is worth every penny. It features a 9.7" e-ink display unlike other which are just 7". The weight is also very light. And the screen readability is great. It is definitely a one time investment but you'll feel great that you spent on it.
Ursila_Sage
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ursila-sage.html
Latest Review: "A Twist Of Fete At The Towers" by Richard Stephenson Winter

Post by Ursila_Sage »

I got a kindle touch wifi/3g for my birthday and i absolutely love it. I'm not fully committed to going paperless just yet though. There's something about the feel of a hard back in my tiny hands that I'm not read to let go of. All that same I appreciate the convenience of simply downloading my books instead of having to pick them up from the store. I also love the adjustable font size and the mp3 player function. I don't use the browser except to buy books so i don't really have an opinion on it.
Latest Review: "A Twist Of Fete At The Towers" by Richard Stephenson Winter
kaylahar6
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylahar6.html
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan

Post by kaylahar6 »

Have fun with your kindle. :D :D :lol: :lol: :) :)
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”