The Free Kindle Books Thread

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Free Kindle Books Thread

Post by Margarita »

Looks like a lot of us have kindles. I think a post of free kindle books might be helpful. Since there are tons of always-free books, I'll try to post "free for a limited time" books with high ratings here only. Will try to update it if people like this.

Please note the price is changing all the time, check the price and make sure they are free before you hit the download button.

The Last Apprentice SERIES:
The Last Apprentice: The Spook’s Tale
The Last Apprentice: Night Of The Soul Stealer
The Last Apprentice: A Coven Of Witches
The Last Apprentice: Clash Of The Demons
The Last Apprentice: Rise Of The Huntress
The Last Apprentice: Prequel
The Last Apprentice: Revenge Of The Witch
The Last Apprentice: Wrath Of The Bloodeye
The Last Apprentice: Curse Of The Bane
The Last Apprentice: Attack Of The Fiend

Allegra Biscotti Collection (5 stars)

Summer's Crossing (4.5 stars)

Life's a Beach: Limited Edition (4.5 stars)

L.A. Noire: The Collected Stories (5 stars)

I, Spy? (Sophie Green Mysteries, No. 1) 4.5 stars

The Night Walk Men (4.5 stars)

NOT Free Amazon sunshine deal 600 Kindle e-books from $0.99 to $2.99

The Sentinels: Fortunes of War(4.5 stars / Fiction:Mystery & Thrillers)

Blood of My Brother (4.5 stars / Fiction:Mystery & Thrillers )

This Fine Life: A Novel (4.5 stars / Fiction:Religious Fiction)

The Dogs of Rome (4 stars/Fiction: Action & Adventure)

Stingray Bit My Nipple!: True Stories from Real Travelers (4 stars / Non Fiction: Travel)

2:46: Aftershocks: Stories from the Japan Earthquake (5 stars / Nonfiction: Social Sciences, Disaster Relief)
Last edited by Margarita on 21 Jun 2011, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.
Butterbescotch

Post by Butterbescotch »

Too bad though. I download books in torrent :twisted: :twisted:
Noia

Post by Noia »

Butterbescotch wrote:Too bad though. I download books in torrent :twisted: :twisted:
seriously? and you're proud of this fact??
Margarita

Post by Margarita »

Don't think you can read your torrent books in kindle
Butterbescotch

Post by Butterbescotch »

@Margarita

I don't have a kindle but my internet friends have one and it does work. As long as it is DRM-stripped. Calibre does the job

@Noia

Not really. I download books not available in our bookstore and library. You see the books that are present to us is only the bestsellers. And if you request a book overseas, that's gonna cost a lot.
Noia

Post by Noia »

Butterbescotch wrote:@Noia

Not really. I download books not available in our bookstore and library. You see the books that are present to us is only the bestsellers. And if you request a book overseas, that's gonna cost a lot.
Okay... *introduces you to amazon or similar online bookstore*
Butterbescotch

Post by Butterbescotch »

Noia wrote:

I wouldn't mind buying books from the internet but I don't have money and even if I do, I don't know how to put my tangible money to the internet. I grow mindless about online paying <_<

But I do try to make a contribution on the books I have read from torrent like giving a review about it or contacting the author and thanking him for making a book.
Noia

Post by Noia »

Butterbescotch wrote:
Noia wrote:

I wouldn't mind buying books from the internet but I don't have money and even if I do, I don't know how to put my tangible money to the internet. I grow mindless about online paying <_<

But I do try to make a contribution on the books I have read from torrent like giving a review about it or contacting the author and thanking him for making a book.
I'm sorry, I can totally understand where you're coming from, money's tight here too, but I just think it's a really poor excuse for stealing. Yes, some authors are lucky enough to be so loaded they "won't feel the hit" (but if enough steal their books, they will) but for most, it's a tough competitive world to sell books in and book thieves don't help.
episkopos

Post by episkopos »

Any recommendations for free recipe books in Kindle? Are there any at all? I've been searching.
frost32

Post by frost32 »

You should simply visit the amazon store. I am sure you will find almost any type of book over there. And yes there are free books on amazon store too.
episkopos

Post by episkopos »

frost32 wrote:You should simply visit the amazon store. I am sure you will find almost any type of book over there. And yes there are free books on amazon store too.
Thanks. Will do just that.
kaylahar6
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylahar6.html
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan

Post by kaylahar6 »

I'll have to look at some of these books. :mrgreen:
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

episkopos wrote:Any recommendations for free recipe books in Kindle? Are there any at all? I've been searching.
:D if you receive the Bookgorilla newsletter they have free books. You can choose the genre of books you are interested in. It is a daily newsletter. If you can't find it I can send you a link or invite.
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M
acasto
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 85">King's Warrior</a>
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acasto.html
Latest Review: "I can still hear what Grandma Said "Give me my flowers while I live"" by Sonya JW Lunsford

Post by acasto »

If you go through your kindle to buy books you can often find trends in certain publishers that have free kindle books. Also, if you have Amazon prime, you can borrow some books for free.
Latest Review: "I can still hear what Grandma Said "Give me my flowers while I live"" by Sonya JW Lunsford

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”