Does anyone have a kindle?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Abbyoverstrom
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Does anyone have a kindle?

Post by Abbyoverstrom »

No, I prefer to hold the physical book in my hands
tracy1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tracy1.html

Post by tracy1 »

I have a Kindle and I love it! Of course I still love my print books too! I prefer to have my textbooks in a printed copy instead of on my Kindle for college. But now with Kindle Unlimited I will most likely have more books on my Kindle. But I am open to reading books in either format. I love working in the library with all the printed books though!
stalker619

Post by stalker619 »

I have the first kindle and the kindle fire. I love the fire because it can double as a computer when needed.
Hannaa_Campbell
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: The Fault in Our Stars
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannaa-campbell.html
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by Hannaa_Campbell »

I don't have one but I have tried them before. I prefer physical books tbh
"Pain demands to be felt" - John Green
Ntucker80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntucker80.html

Post by Ntucker80 »

I have had my Kindle for over five years now, I love it! And a few years ago my screen got lines on it I called amazon and they sent me a new one for free!
cynthia-t

Post by cynthia-t »

I am an avid reader and was delighted to receive a kindle gift last Christmas. I still enjoy "physical" books but would be lost without my kindle. My son and daughter in law cycle and camp all over Europe every summer and carry hundreds of books packed in the kindles in their backpacks. I also have kindle on my new tablet.
CloudedRune
Currently Reading: Paper Towns
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cloudedrune.html
Latest Review: "Why is the moon following us?" by María Escobedo Cubas

Post by CloudedRune »

My mother and I share a Kindle, although I tend to us it a lot more than she does.

We both prefer to have and read physical copies of books but the Kindle is really convenient and I'm becoming quite fond of reading with it. I love using it and plan on reading with it a lot more now that my exams are over!
Latest Review: "Why is the moon following us?" by María Escobedo Cubas
ctestroote

Post by ctestroote »

I have a series 1 kindle fire that i still use. Now granted while my Kindle is rooted so that I can access the google play library, if i were to buy one tomorrow. I would not do this. Amazon has really stepped up their game on what apps you can get.
Shadowgurl33

Post by Shadowgurl33 »

I'm one of those readers that reads a little to fast for my own good. I just recently got a kindle but it haven't stop me from buying my favorite authors paperbacks or hardcover or any new authors paperbacks.I must say kindle is a lot cheaper and depends on the book sometime i can just buy it from home instead of going to the store.But when i go shopping it's nothing like walking into a book store smelling coffee and books and just sitting in a corner with your choice book.All in All i LOVE My Kindle. 8)
patrickt

Post by patrickt »

A. I live in Mexico and prefer to read in English. For 13 years I read what I could find. Now, with the Kindle, I can read what I want to read. I obviously like the Kindle.

B. Quite some time ago I was heading to the bathroom. As I get even older I get more and more reading done there. I grabbed a paperback from a stack of old books waiting to be donated to a local library. The first thing I noticed was that I need to increase the font size a bit for comfortable reading. Oops.
lovetoread09

Post by lovetoread09 »

Love my Kindle. I had so many paperbacks and all they were doing was collecting dust and clutter after I read the book. Although I would often take my books that I didn't want to keep to Half Price Books or the library there was still several I wanted to keep, mainly series books, anyway the Kindle makes keeping my books organized.
sand1
Favorite Book: mara daughter of the nile
Currently Reading: grey wolves series
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sand1.html

Post by sand1 »

I just got my kindle a couple months ago for my birthday. I love it I have been able to take it to waiting rooms for dr and dentist visits and I use it when I put my kids down for nap. My kids are more willing to do things that are educational if they get to use it, where with my phone they would refuse and I still use paperbacks when I can too. It gives me a lot of immediate access to books without taking my laptop around which it takes about a dozen drops and then the screen detaches from the keyboard. :cry:
slsakuno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slsakuno.html

Post by slsakuno »

I have a Kindle Fire HD and I'm obsessed. It goes almost everywhere with me.
I still go to the library and get a lot of books from there, usually if I don't have the funds for the book I want on the kindle but most of the time they are a lot cheaper than anything you would find in a book store, also you can get the classics; such as "The Wizard of Oz", "The Secret Garden" etc. for free.
It has made my life so much more happier. :D
slsakuno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slsakuno.html

Post by slsakuno »

I have a Kindle Fire HD and I'm obsessed.
I love that I can get the classics, such as "The Wizard of Oz", "The Secret Garden", etc. for free
Of course I still love to get books from the library but the Kindle gives me more options.
It goes almost everywhere with me.
lindac1_98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindac1-98.html

Post by lindac1_98 »

I have a Kindle Fire, it is the one in the middle, not the smallest but not the largest. I absolutely love it. It holds tons of books. I play games on it, check facebook and pinterest. I have not found anything that I can not do on my Kindle. I can also watch movies and youtube on it. I would really recommend a kindle to anyone. I have also bought one for my daughter who also loves her Kindle

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”