Anyone picking up the new Kindle 2.0?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
DSFlyman
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DSFlyman »

I love books, almost as much as reading - I may be the last person on earth with one of those.
glredw
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glredw.html

Post by glredw »

Wish I could but mycar getting fixed comes first sure would like one
kaylahar6
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylahar6.html
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan

Post by kaylahar6 »

I don't think I'll check it out. I'm happy with my kindle the way it is. :mrgreen:
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan
Rosemary Owolabi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-owolabi.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Rosemary Owolabi »

Fulcanelli wrote: 14 Feb 2009, 10:17 Are you aware that Amazon has stated its ultimate goal is to rid this planet of hard copy books? They want us all to buy these gadgets and toss out paper books. They have been buying up smaller bookstores, used book search services, etc. and their goal isn't a scenario I cherish. I like books. I like paper books that I can take anywhere. I don't want to become a series of digits in a massive computer in the sky.

I'm flesh. I'm alive, and I want paper books!

Don't get me wrong...I would love to own one of these, to download blogs and web pages, but I enjoy the feel, the smell of paper and ink, even a little musty used bookstore smell. It's part of my whole reading experience.

I'm not looking for a fight!
You are right but don't get scared pulublising housing and readers can't close down. That will be impossible.
If you are having a bad day, let people see that you are having a good day...Spread good vibes, people are going through a lot already. :tiphat:
Badmusjamiu44
Favorite Book: Just Give Me a Soft Place to Land
Currently Reading: Preppers Medical Handbook
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Badmusjamiu44 »

I wouldn't bother to get a new one now. I have an ecstasy of seeing hard copies of book in my library.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”