Possible to change Kindle Fire default dictionary?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
gaporter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaporter.html
Latest Review: Lives of Museum Junkies by Marilynne Eichinger
Reading Device: B0051VVOB2

Possible to change Kindle Fire default dictionary?

Post by gaporter »

I have an original Kindle Fire and I'm trying to change the default dictionary to Spanish. I've read online it's possible to change the default dictionary with later versions of Kindle, but I was wondering if anyone here knew the secret on how to change it on an older version?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I don't know how to, but perhaps Amazon customer service will be able to help you out with this.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gaporter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaporter.html
Latest Review: Lives of Museum Junkies by Marilynne Eichinger
Reading Device: B0051VVOB2

Post by gaporter »

I've had bad luck with customer service before, and their support website seems to be mysteriously silent on the issue. I'll probably end up calling them if I can't find any other way. I was hoping somebody might know a secret about it, but it's likely I'm in denial about it even being possible to switch :/
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

gaporter wrote:I've had bad luck with customer service before, and their support website seems to be mysteriously silent on the issue. I'll probably end up calling them if I can't find any other way. I was hoping somebody might know a secret about it, but it's likely I'm in denial about it even being possible to switch :/
Really? I was very satisfied with their service. Hopefully one of the members here will be able to help you out,
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”