Kindle Tablet in countries that don't have wifi

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
JillianFae
Bookshelf Size: 2

Kindle Tablet in countries that don't have wifi

Post by JillianFae »

Hi there,

I hope this question hasn't been asked/answered, but I did a search and couldn't find anything on it. Sooo, here goes.

I'm planning a trip to the Dominican Republic this year, and various parts of Mexico next, and I'd like to get a kindle tablet to take with me. I've asked very specific products questions on amazon, but the answers they give me are vague and not really helpful...

I guess it could be more of a technical question..I'm not tech savvy at all. As far as I've figured out, 3G is the internal internet type thing build into a device, and 4g is connecting to wifi...I think.

Since there really won't be wifi available where I'm going, has anyone that's been in this situation still been able to access the internet and get new books and stream movies and stuff via 3G? I know I can download a bunch of books and stuff before I leave, but if I run out I don't want to be left stuck without anything to read.

If you can still use it, does anyone have any specific model recommendations?

Again, sorry if this has already been asked, but I couldn't find anything similar, and thanks in advance for any insight.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”