Reading Nook books on a Kindle? Also - repairing the Kindle

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
mellysw
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellysw.html

Reading Nook books on a Kindle? Also - repairing the Kindle

Post by mellysw »

So I have a Nook I adore, but I seem to have cracked the screen. B&N will not repair the screen or replace the nook for a reduced amount because I am under warranty (but not the extended type warranty). So unless I can find someone local to repair the screen (have tried two places that can't), I am looking at buying a new e-reader.

Having had a few issues with the Nook (screen spazzing out sometimes, have had to replace charger twice) if I need to get another e-reader I will be looking seriously at the Kindle.

Problem: I have over 600 books on my Nook, most of them not free. I definitely don't want to lose those books! I have an app on my nook that allows me to read Kindle books. Is there a similar app for Kindles that allows you to read Nook books?

Also, has anyone had any repair issues with their Kindles? If so, how was the response from Amazon? I find the refusal of B&N to help me BECAUSE I am in warranty just bizarre. If I was OUT of warranty I could get my nook replaced for a reduced amount.
Nitatsu7
Favorite Author: Robin McKinley
Favorite Book: Gai-jin by James Clavell
Currently Reading: Deerskin by Robin McKinley
Bookshelf Size: 2
fav_author_id: 6333

Post by Nitatsu7 »

Here is an article I came across. My mother-in-law who swore she would never cave to the eReader was gifted (by the family) a Kindle Fire. SHE LOVES IT. And if you are an Amazon Prime member you can gain access to more free/discounted books as well as tv shows and movies. I must say, I am very impressed with the Kindle Fire, but this article says it's the easiest Kindle to get your Nook Books on. ^_^

GOOD LUCK!

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”