Convenient Kindle VS a good book

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Booklover007
Bookshelf Size: 0

Convenient Kindle VS a good book

Post by Booklover007 »

This is a plight to me! So help me with your viewpoints. I think the Kindle is very useful and convenient because you can transport your entire bookcase everywhere. But I like touching the pages of the books and leaf through it.
Einstein was afraid about this day. What do you think about? :)
SparklingOne
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: A Breath of Snow and Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklingone.html
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by SparklingOne »

I have had Kindle for about 7yrs. I do most of my reading on it. Every book isn't available for the devices even now, and that is when I get my paper book fix. I don't think having a device means you always have to read on it. But ereaders are super convenient for carrying around with you. I would need a truck to carry around all books I can carry on my Kindle at any given time.
Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
lisateb
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisateb.html
Latest Review: "Burning Secret" by Stefan Zweig

Post by lisateb »

I love my Kindle. It is very useful and it is simple and easy to use. It's nice to be able to carry around a device that you can literally have hundreds of books on. I also enjoy being able to highlight, and even look words up right there without losing your place. However, I still love a feel of a good old fashion book, and they will never go out of style. There will always be something bigger and better coming along in the technology in the world, but books will always remain the same.
"Why understand when you can believe?" Christopher Moore, Coyote Blue
Latest Review: "Burning Secret" by Stefan Zweig
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”