New to discussion board

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
ejane_65
Bookshelf Size: 0

New to discussion board

Post by ejane_65 »

Hi everyone

I am new to this discussion board and I use a paper white kindle. I love my kindle but I also love reading the actually book in my hand. My only fear with most books and people going digital is the fact libraries and librarians could very well become a thing of the past. The idea of a library becoming a part of the past makes me sad because some of my fondest memories of school are those that I spent in the library and being a librarian assistant. I look forward to having good discussions with everyone and making long friendships on this board.
Etienne-Luxe
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-etienne-luxe.html

Post by Etienne-Luxe »

I am also new to this discussion board. I don't have a Kindle Paper white but I am addicted to my Kindle app for I-phone. I totally agree with you about the disappearance of paper books. I used to consider the library in my elementary school as an experience when I was younger. They used to have the best book fairs and I would always check out a book on Friday and bring it home and speed-read it. This made my mother angry because I would get so wrapped up in the book that I was useless for two days.
akfrazie1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akfrazie1.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by akfrazie1 »

While I love my older kindle with the e-ink my aging eyes are having a lot more trouble with the kindle fire...I don't like always having to enlarge the font.
Neleh403
Favorite Author: Diane Chamberlain
Favorite Book: The stand by Stephen King
Currently Reading: Of mice and men
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neleh403.html
Latest Review: "Plymouth Discovery" by Bill Brown
fav_author_id: 2413

Post by Neleh403 »

Hi Im new to this book club too. I have a Kindle paper white and think it is amazing. Used to have the first old edition Kindle but it gave up the ghost after 3 years but alot of heavy use. I did invest in the kindle fire but as all iI used it for was reading and its battery life was poor I sold it for the paper white and couldnt be happier. I know what you mean about missing books though. Im one of those readers who after finishing a book you wouldnt know I had touched it. I dont break the spine and handle them with care. I cringe when I see people with books bent in all directions. My most fondest memory of new books is the smell, if only they could bottle it. I hope to make some good friends on this site as at the moment Im the only reader in my family!! and they say the digital age is great.
tjames44

Post by tjames44 »

I am new to this and do not have a kindle or a nook. Will I still be able to read the books?
Neleh403
Favorite Author: Diane Chamberlain
Favorite Book: The stand by Stephen King
Currently Reading: Of mice and men
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neleh403.html
fav_author_id: 2413

Post by Neleh403 »

tjames44 wrote:I am new to this and do not have a kindle or a nook. Will I still be able to read the books?
Hi James. Yes you can still read books. I read most of mine on my iPad but you will need adobe reader as a lot come in PDF format. Enjoy
dbarnes
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dbarnes.html

Post by dbarnes »

I"m new to this board. I have a Kindle Fire the first edition and I love it!!!!
tdkcarpenoctem
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tdkcarpenoctem.html

Post by tdkcarpenoctem »

I'm new to the discussion board too. I just got a kindle Fire HD and it is my new best friend! I love the library also, but now I can get library books and audio books with a couple taps. I still make a point of going in to the library and I'm going to join some crafting clubs, so this ebook era really has enhanced my reading capabilities. I still won't give up.the paper library I have at home, love them very much!
Starmy

Post by Starmy »

tjames44 wrote:I am new to this and do not have a kindle or a nook. Will I still be able to read the books?
The EReader I use isn't actually mine. So when my friend takes it with her, I read everything via PDF. It works out fine. :)
BrittanyEdwards
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittanyedwards.html

Post by BrittanyEdwards »

welcome :)
kaylahar6
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylahar6.html
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan

Post by kaylahar6 »

Welcome to the forum! :D :D
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan