Kindle Fire HD

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
barscoinc
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Kindle Fire HD

Post by barscoinc »

I really love my Kindle Fire HD -- I had an old model Kindle and didn't get much use out of it, but this one with its internet connectivity and handy size (fits in purse) is exactly what I was looking for -- reading and researching and getting/sending emails at any place with wifi - I travel a lot and carry an HP laptop for my reviewing/editing work, but for quick email checks at Starbucks or a motel, the KF is perfect. Recently I had to be in the hospital for a day and I passed the time waiting on test results by watching an episode of Downton Abbey -- I love the whole min-theater aspect, great sound and picture quality. Highly recommended, obviously.
dbaskette1

Post by dbaskette1 »

I got myself a Kindle Fire HD at the beginning of the year as a treat for myself. I love to read and I wasn't disappointed. Border's books was closed recently and we have a couple of used book stores in my town, but that's about it. The Kindle has been great for getting books super quick. I have saved money, and a lot of the books I've gotten through Amazon have been free. :-) I miss having an actual bookstore to roam around in but, this ended up being the best purchase I've made all year!
BrittanyEdwards
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittanyedwards.html

Post by BrittanyEdwards »

i love the my kindle fire HD
christylmy1978

Post by christylmy1978 »

I love my Kindle HD. I usually on need to charge it every 3-4 days and I love that I can adjust the brightness of the pages.
cmmedina

Post by cmmedina »

I love Kindle and currently use the HD for all of my reading. The only thing that I miss from the older versions is the option for it to read to you.
sybil1reader
Favorite Author: All crime authors
Favorite Book: Too Many to name
Currently Reading: CJ Lyons
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sybil1reader.html
Latest Review: "Deadly Secrets" by Robert Boris Riskin

Post by sybil1reader »

I love my Kindle HD and I use it all the time. I mostly read on it although I use it for getting online, listening to music, checking my emal, and with Amazon Prime I can put on some ear buds and view videos and TV shows while my husband watches TV. I do wish that google play was available from the Kindle, but not so.
Latest Review: "Deadly Secrets" by Robert Boris Riskin
Gloriannes
Favorite Author: John Lange
Favorite Book: Gor Heart of Darkness Alamut
Currently Reading: Fever and Rise of the red shadow
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gloriannes.html
Latest Review: "Brother Willy's Traveling Salvation Show" by W. Scott Mitchell
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S
fav_author_id: 8763

Post by Gloriannes »

cmmedina wrote:I love Kindle and currently use the HD for all of my reading. The only thing that I miss from the older versions is the option for it to read to you.
Hi Cmmedina,
the HD has the text to speech option also, it's in the same place it was on the touch, but only a female voice. O liked switching the voices for how the narrator was. you also have a blue tooth option with the HD, so if your driving you can have it in your blue tooth.

I use mine at work, I work alone and listen to the books I'm reading at home or music or movies depending what I'm doing at work. I have to charge mine before work and I have 2 blue tooth's to make it through the night. any questions I know the in's and outs of the kindle, just message me.
Latest Review: "Brother Willy's Traveling Salvation Show" by W. Scott Mitchell
sugarbearmama
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: the regulators
Currently Reading: the mists of avalon
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sugarbearmama.html
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by sugarbearmama »

I love my kindle fire ! Couldn't be happier!
kaylahar6
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylahar6.html
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan

Post by kaylahar6 »

I have a kindle fire and it is a really good e reader. :)
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”