Looking for free books

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Finn
Bookshelf Size: 0

Looking for free books

Post by Finn »

Hi there,

just got a kindle and trying to find a decent selection of books, classics ideally, was wondering had an suggestions for titles that are free (or low priced) that they could reccommend.

Would be very greatful.

Finn :D
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Well you could start with Frankenstein as it looks like it will be our next Book of the Month :lol:

Charles Dickens ... I downloaded Great Expecations & David Copperfield earlier this year
Wilkie Collins ... The Woman in White & The Moonstone are my favourites
Jane Austen, Emily Bronte, Oscar Wilde etc etc
If you go to the Kindle Store on the Amazon site & type in Free classics on kindle you will get loads to choose from

Happy Reading :lol:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Finn

Post by Finn »

That's great! Thanks for the advice :D
booklvr62
Favorite Author: Richard Preston many
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Dandelion Wine</a>
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by booklvr62 »

Hi Finn,
I got my Kindle Touch last November and I have around 700 books on my Kindle all but about 6 were Freebies! I seldom bother with books of less than 288 pgs[prefer at least 300 pgs] and several good reviews plus an interesting synopsis,so despite the large number I have gathered over a year, I am quite picky.

The Classics I have I got from Amazon's Free Kindle books pages,but I also check [a site that I am not yet allowed to post a URL]everday for the freebies.

My collection of classics are by Jane Austen,H.G. wells,Edith Wharton,Jean Webster,Louisa May AlcottOwen Wister,ect.

Lately, I have been borrowing more and more Kindle eBooks from my library.I hope you enjoy your Kindle as much as I do mine.

Happy Reading! :D
Christine

-- 24 Dec 2012, 20:32 --

I check eReaderIQ.com every day for their freebie Kin dle books.
MsStAgnsmath1

Post by MsStAgnsmath1 »

I get most of my free books through an app for my kindle fire "Free Kindle Books and Tips" by Gagler Enterprises, LLC. Lots of variety and indie books.
RaRa
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rara.html

Post by RaRa »

I simply go to the store and type in FREE and the genre that I'm looking for, had good luck with it so far.
glredw
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glredw.html

Post by glredw »

I wantto belong and get my free books how soon will that happen
booklvr62
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Dandelion Wine</a>

Post by booklvr62 »

Can also borrow kindle titles free if you own at least two titles that you are willing to lend at the free Lendle Kindle site.No need to share your email addy with strangers for book loans,do it all through the site and Amazon. :D
Mazza WA

Post by Mazza WA »

Log onto Amazon, go to the Kindle section, and search for free books. Heaps of classics by Charles Dickens, Jane Austin, the Brontes and others are free. There are also lots of books for 99 cents. You can also go into your favourite genre in the Kindle Book Store (eg history, romance, thriller, SciFi etc) and use the "sort" button for lowest to highest price.

You could also try searching in your browser for the Guttenburg Press, or Gutenburg Project, a site which has all free books to download. All are books that the copy write has expired, so are pretty old. But, a lot are "oldies but goodies".

Good luck with your search.
TheWriter
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thewriter.html

Post by TheWriter »

Most-if not all-of the classics are free, but there's also a site I use called Pixel of Ink (something like that...I think that's the name) that has current books for free or cheap.
booklvr62

Post by booklvr62 »

When I first ordered my Kindle back in 2011I just typed in free Kindle books on a page in Amazon and got thousands of results! I just bookmarked the page and started working through the results,plus I used the Kindle Forum threads about free books. I still use the free book threads in the Kindle forum,but just recently also started borrowing and loaning through the sites~ lendle.me and BookLending, where you can borrow and lend Kindle books,for free.
glredw
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glredw.html

Post by glredw »

tried ti get to review pagte somehow my reference got changed i cant fix it i have a kindle fore and cant do epub and these books are supposed to be free they are n ot can i read one of my books and do a review on it till may's book gets decided which will probably be 100 year old man i'm waiting for it to come in at library. i cant afford to download books that cost and i;m trying to get paid for reading not spend money to get paid for reading please help
BluePoui

Post by BluePoui »

Thank you everyone for sharing I did not know there were free e-books available. I thought you could only get as yet to be published stories. Looking forward to doing some reviews though.
GKCfan
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gkcfan.html
Latest Review: The Silent Shadow by Pat S. Clarke

Post by GKCfan »

In the U.S., most books published prior to 1923 are in the public domain, and many of them are published has free e-books.
Cody Mathews
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cody-mathews.html
Latest Review: "Snowballs from Mars" by Mark Gillespie

Post by Cody Mathews »

The kindle lending library allows amazon members to "check out" books through their local library. I used the service and checked a book out on my kindle for two weeks at a time. Great service!
Latest Review: "Snowballs from Mars" by Mark Gillespie

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”