Which kind of Nook do you have?

Use this forum to discuss the Nook by Barnes and Noble. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Nook, deciding which nook to buy, or you already have a Nook and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Nooks.

Which kind of Nook do you have?

1st Edition, 3G + Wi-Fi Version
9%
1st Edition, WiFi Only
10%
Nook Simple Touch
34%
Nook Color
26%
I don't have a Nook.
21%

Total votes: 68

DianaChristie23
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianachristie23.html

Re: Which kind of Nook do you have?

Post by DianaChristie23 »

I have the Nook Simple Touch. It's awesome! I received it as a Christmas gift from my boyfriend's mom who knows I love to read! She bought it on Black Friday for $30. I have about 131 books on my Nook right now. She even found me a Nook cover for $10 at Wal-Mart on sale. It is one of the best inventions although I still read regular books because I sometimes miss the feel and smell of pages of real books.
Lacrecia

Post by Lacrecia »

I got a Nook HD+ about nine months ago and really enjoy it. I don't always have access to a PC, so this is very welcome.

I recently got a bluetooth keyboard to go with it. They both fit into a case, so when I set it up, it looks like a mini laptop. The keyboard makes it possible to really write emails, posts and papers, which were painfully slow just using the stylus and the onscreen keyboard.

I really enjoy being able to buy books online and having them there to read right away. Also, I am a night owl and I have very dim light where I read at night (and very old eyes) so being able to read the lighted texts is a wonderful bonus for me -- it beats using a flashlight. And, I highly recommend the bluetooth keyboard if you are doing much writing/composing.
lanielep
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lanielep.html

Post by lanielep »

I have both the nooksimpletouch and the nook color. I really like the simpletouch for reading, but I wanted a tablet as well. Plus I was too lazy to get library books on the simple touch. I do really like the color, but the battery life gets to sometimes.
talk2camden
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Nimona</a>
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-talk2camden.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by talk2camden »

I have a Nook Simple Touch! It's pretty cool! :P
LizzieNoremac

Post by LizzieNoremac »

I am completely in love with my NOOK SimpleTouch GlowLight. I have a 16gb microSD card in it, which is utterly ridiculous I know, but at least I know I'll never run out of room XD.

I'd really like to go back and high-five past me for having the foresight to get a full extended, and contrary to my previous warranty experiences (with various companies), B&N has actually been really good to me. I originally started out with just a plain SimpleTouch with the generic warranty, then musta derped cause I ended up with a cracked screen and no idea how it happened. So I took it into the closest store and was all "Okay, so I did a thing and now my NOOK is kinda broked. Can I get a new please?" Well, turns out my warranty had expired /the week before/. *facepalm* But the NOOK dude was totally cool about trying to help me anyway. It may have something to do with the fact that I probably looked like someone had kicked my kitten/I was about to cry.

Now, don't get me wrong, I do sometimes pull pitiful face because as a short, blonde, and well... my doctor yells at me (ok more a stern lecture really) but my fat is kinda in all the right places if you know what I mean, working with my *cough*assets*cough* is just kinda faster and really the better option. Seriously. My boyfriend is custom ordering me a shirt that says "I'm not rude, I'm just awkward". And yes maybe it makes me a terrible person but I only use my powers for good I promise.

Anyway, I was actually upset cause I literally had no idea what I would do without my NOOK. I get bored sooo easily, and it used to be I just carried a book or three in my purse with me where ever I went. I didn't have the money to just go ahead and buy a brand new one, but I wasn't enjoying the idea that all the books I had lined up were digital and thus an ereader was kinda required as far as, you know, portability being the point of the darn thing. Sure I could read on my desktop if I really wanted but that didn't do me a whole hell of a lot of good if I had to leave the house and whatnot.

Luckily NOOK guy took pity on my and backdated the RMA (return merchandise authorization) to a day before my warranty expired. He also managed to talk him manager into letting me pay extra and upgrade to the GlowLight, which had just come out at that point. Having learned my lesson, I paid out the nose for the full extended warranty. It lasts until 2015 with full replacement of a broken device and no 'you can only replace it once'. All the replacements are covered as if they were the original so even if I'm the klutziest ever, and sometimes I am, I have nothing to worry about.

TL;DR WHEEEE NOOK SimpleTouch Glowlight!
schma096

Post by schma096 »

I have the Nook HD+ and I love it. My boyfriend has an iPad and at first I thought I wanted an iPad, however, after researching different E-devices, I fell in love with Nook. The HD+ is great because it has the back light (which I love because I can read at night and not have an annoying light on. I also like how user friendly it is. The one negative that I have found is the touch screen can be slow to respond (once in awhile) making navigation semi-difficult. I was also going through the battery power at an insane rate, but have switched it into power-saving mode and now the battery will last a few days (assuming I am not streaming video online).
ccm
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccm.html

Post by ccm »

I have a Nook Color and I love it. I take it everywhere.
nijedo

Post by nijedo »

I have a 1st edition wi-fi only edition. To be honest, I got it not long before getting an iPhone and didn't use it for very long. I still have it and will use it from time to time, but I find it much more convenient to just use my phone to read. The phone is always with me and if I find myself with some extra downtime I can just pull up my book and escape. That being said, I still find it hard to part with my Nook. I like knowing that I have it there if I want it.
booklvr_14

Post by booklvr_14 »

I agree with cynde11, I have a Nook Color and I love it! I love the Free Friday selection and because of this I have read some things I usually would not have picked myself and the free apps are fun and useful. I 'borrow' books from friends and family on the nook and I do like to read in bed and you can adjust the brightness. Best gift ever from my father in law!
jonre+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonre.html

Post by jonre+ »

I have the first Nook that came out. Still have it and now I have the Nook color HD and the Nook glowlight. Love them!
studentmom53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-studentmom53.html

Post by studentmom53 »

Hello everyone, to answer this question I have Nook color, simple touch, tablet, and nook hd. It is hard to say which one is better as I use them all at times. I have about two hundred books in my library. I also use my iPad to read them as there is a free app to do so. On my iPad I have Oyster, a paid membership book club that allows you to read any book in their library as many times as you wish and has many books as you like. The cost to join is 9.95 per month. I have about a dozen books I have either read or in the middle of reading. I do have a Kindle but have only used it once or twice. I am more partial to my Nooks.
sahmoun2778
Favorite Author: Dana Stabenow
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahmoun2778.html
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
Reading Device: 1400698987
fav_author_id: 10781

Post by sahmoun2778 »

My first Nook was a simple touch ereader which I still love for its simplicity. Last year I bought a Nook color which I also love but use more for its internet capabilities and I keep the family calendar on it because it fits in my purse.
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
nikki_nook

Post by nikki_nook »

I have a first generation nook, which I do enjoy, but don't use incredibly often. I prefer reading books as I don't have to worry about if they will run out of battery :)
Brybear28
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brybear28.html
Latest Review: "Passive Income with Android" by Raj Patel
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Brybear28 »

I have a Google Nexus Tablet, but I have the Amazon Kindle app installed on it.
Latest Review: "Passive Income with Android" by Raj Patel
alwhitworth84

Post by alwhitworth84 »

I have the Nook Color and I really liked it when I first got it. I didn't use it as much as I thought, but I do use it on the go. I still like holding a book in my hands while taking a bubble bath and drinking a glass of wine! However, I do really like the option of purchasing free books and reading them on the Nook. I do that frequently.

Return to “Nook Discussion and Support”