Which kind of Nook do you have?

Use this forum to discuss the Nook by Barnes and Noble. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Nook, deciding which nook to buy, or you already have a Nook and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Nooks.

Which kind of Nook do you have?

1st Edition, 3G + Wi-Fi Version
9%
1st Edition, WiFi Only
10%
Nook Simple Touch
34%
Nook Color
26%
I don't have a Nook.
21%

Total votes: 68

Mom2Grey
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mom2grey.html

Re: Which kind of Nook do you have?

Post by Mom2Grey »

I have a Nook Simple Touch w/Glowlight for reading in the dark.
Haven't got a chance to try it out yet, Nook Books will be available in Canada from B&N on December 1st.
basenjilover2014+

Post by basenjilover2014+ »

I have the Nook Color. I am on my 3rd charger and wonder if I should have purchased a Kindle. I download many of the free samples. I would like to see B&N offer more Nook books for $5.00 or less. They offer a lot of in store discounts and the closest store is 2 hours from my house so that is not really an option. I honestly read more of my Nook books on my Android phone since it is more portable. I have yet to meet any friends with a Nook so I don't utilize the lend me option.
4dolly
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-4dolly.html

Post by 4dolly »

I've had original Nook since 2009 and love it. The salesperson gave me a tip on how to extend the battery life and I have not looked back. I, too, would like to see B&N reduce the cost of their ebooks. Are Kindle books cheaper?
lori1

Post by lori1 »

I have a Kobo Ereader does this count as a nook? It's old and downloading is a trial,time for a new one. I'm going for a Kindle Fire,sounds good.
peles_a

Post by peles_a »

I have the Simple Touch and absolutely love it! I've gotten way more than my money's worth. I have read over 700 books in the year I have owned it.
cglr
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cglr.html

Post by cglr »

I have Nook Simple Touch and Nook HD+. I use Simple Touch for mostly e-books and magazines that I buy from BN, I use the tablet for article reading (most of the articles are in PDF format). I am happy with both of them. Because of the Android's capabilities you can play games but I haven't tried, yet.
SarahCarlene
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahcarlene.html

Post by SarahCarlene »

I have the 1st Edition, Wifi only. I am quite happy with it as an ereader and not sure I want to upgrade to one of the newer options. I can play games on my iPhone ;) LOL
laurenplug
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenplug.html

Post by laurenplug »

I have a Nook Tablet and love it- when it's charged. I accidentally broke the charger and it worked for a few months but then stopped altogether. I found it difficult to find the right one online. When it's charged I love it and take it everywhere. my sister has one as well so we often use the LendMe feature.
TheBookMaven
Favorite Author: Jean M. Auel
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thebookmaven.html
Latest Review: "The Colors of Friendship" by K. R. Raye
fav_author_id: 3709

Post by TheBookMaven »

I also have the Nook Simple Touch. I prefer the Eink look rather than a color screen. When I am reading something on a backlit screen, I have a tendency to scan, rather than read. Defeats the purpose. Sometimes I wish I had a Nook Color so I could read magazines or get the interactive books for kids. However, my ipad mini does the job for that if I want to. I don't want to take two devices with me though, so if I'm going to be sitting in a waiting room or something, I just pick one or the other.
Never judge a book by its movie
Latest Review: "The Colors of Friendship" by K. R. Raye
stacyrobison1

Post by stacyrobison1 »

We have 3 Nook Colors in my house and everyone loves them.
j_clanton

Post by j_clanton »

I have the wifi color Nook. However, I do not read on it any longer. Too hard to keep it charged.
thegiltyone
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thegiltyone.html
Latest Review: "Life Ain't A Fairy Tale" by Miguel Rivera

Post by thegiltyone »

I have the Nook HD+. It's amazing. I recommend it to all my friends and strangers who want a tablet. It's really inexpensive and looks great and works just as well if not faster than iPads. I have the 16G one, and with about 360 books on it, still haven't used half of the storage space. Absolutely love it.
Latest Review: "Life Ain't A Fairy Tale" by Miguel Rivera
Ash Roarke
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ash-roarke.html

Post by Ash Roarke »

I currently have a Nook Color and LOVE it, but I am a little disappointed that they have discontinued making them.
alyssawilson28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssawilson28.html

Post by alyssawilson28 »

I have a nook color that my husband got me a couple years ago for my birthday. It works really well but I don't use it as much as I should probably. I love reading but I like having the book in my hand and seeing them on my bookshelf rather than just having them on an e reader.
dmickel73

Post by dmickel73 »

I actually have the Nook App for my iPad. I enjoy using this as it is convenient on the go. I have recently purchased the new Nicolas Sparks, The Longest Ride.

Return to “Nook Discussion and Support”