Has anyone switch fully to eBook/iPad reading?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
alanatucker
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alanatucker.html

Re: Has anyone switch fully to eBook/iPad reading?

Post by alanatucker »

I have a Kobo and I absolutely love it. Its convenient for reading on the go, and so easy to just download your next read. Ebooks are cheaper as well which is a plus.
bashirp
Currently Reading: Allegiant (Divergent Book 3)
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by bashirp »

Books are so last century. Computers instead of pen and paper and an e-reader instead of a paper book. They have so many more advantages.

Having so much reading material at your fingertips instead of carrying around books and being able to read in poor/no light. All my books are read on my Kindle or computer these days. Don't know when I last saw a book to be honest.
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

I have a Kindle 3G and love it but also read on my iPad. There are places online that sell PDF versions of books that I put on my iPad and iBooks sometimes has books at a cheaper price than Amazon. Also I can download books from the local library to my iPad. I don't buy actual books anymore. I have spend probably tens of thousands of dollars on books in my lifetime. Now I prefer my Kindle of all the choices available.
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M
Steph G

Post by Steph G »

The only books I do not currently read on my iPad are ones that I previously bought. Anything new I want, eBook all the way. I have Apps on my iPad for the Nook also and use the apps to comparison shop for the best price. There is sometimes as much as a $4 difference and when you buy a lot of books it can add up quickly. I think the ability to comparison shop is why I would recommend the iPad over a propriety eReader.

-- 24 Feb 2014, 19:23 --
bashirp wrote:Books are so last century. Computers instead of pen and paper and an e-reader instead of a paper book. They have so many more advantages.

Having so much reading material at your fingertips instead of carrying around books and being able to read in poor/no light. All my books are read on my Kindle or computer these days. Don't know when I last saw a book to be honest.

I agree with you - isn't it nice to be able to carry more than one book without weighing down your purse/backpack/tote??
M-Allmon
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-allmon.html

Post by M-Allmon »

I only read on my Nook Color. It's been years since I bought a paperback book. I read an old hardback book of mine a few weeks ago and it was weird!
Lotus flower mind
Favorite Author: Stephanie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight Saga
Currently Reading: Marked_Betrayed by P.C. and Kristin Cast
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lotus-flower-mind.html
fav_author_id: 6352

Post by Lotus flower mind »

I have an ipad which has the nook app on it
I have had kindle apps on every device
My smartphone years ago had KOBO along with an old tablet

I have purchased books on each of them and I'd say the smart phone was my least fav place to read. I have books on my Nook now that I have YET to start reading because I rather have the book in my hands. I think it's going to take me a while to open up more to the nook side of reading.

I like it but I don't think it could take the place of my days and nights out browsing the bookstores for that special book
I don't think I can cozy up with my Nook like I do with books, call me traditional but in this case it's the title I am most comfortable with having.

Books have been our friends and family since forever and now we have machines that take over everything :)

I'm a traditional book loving gal, to the end! :lol:
kismoody
Currently Reading: Cat's Cradle
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kismoody.html
Latest Review: A Script For Aspiring Women Leaders by Mark Villareal

Post by kismoody »

No, I still do both. You can't smell an ereader :) I love my ereader for church and on trips, but they run out of battery life pretty fast on tablets and simpler ereaders don't quite do as much. I do like them for when I'm at work or at the doctor's office as well, however. On the reverse, has anyone started with going completely ebook, then went back to only print?
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

I've been reading a lot on an ipad in the last few weeks & the battery time is abysmal. I have a kindle which I only need to recharge maybe every two weeks or so but the ipad is hopeless - have to recharge it every single day
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
giorgos_97

Post by giorgos_97 »

Sometimes I read on my tablet or on my phone, but I prefer the book. The screen hurts my eyes, and I get tired quicker!
Winter
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-winter.html
Latest Review: "The 30-Day Writing Challenge" by Sara Crawford

Post by Winter »

I thought I had pretty much made the switch to ebooks only, but I just ordered a paper copy of the March book of the month because I could get a used copy of it a lot cheaper than an electronic copy. I don't think I've read a paper book in at least two years. I'm kind of excited about it!
Latest Review: "The 30-Day Writing Challenge" by Sara Crawford
Ulani Caite
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ulani-caite.html

Post by Ulani Caite »

I have several books on my e-reader and am constantly getting more on it also, which I take it with me whenever I go out, however I also never leave the house without a proper book either. The e-reader gives me more choice if I feel like reading something different suddenly but I will always continue reading hard copy novels.
bascomjean
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bascomjean.html

Post by bascomjean »

Because I read so much, my Kindle is a must. Before the kindle, my books were taking over my house! Not a good thing for my husband, who has dust allergies. At first I was hesitant--after all, there's nothing like the smell of an old book--but other than the smell, I don't really miss paper books too much. And when I read them now, I find myself missing the built in dictionary!
Shellby85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shellby85.html

Post by Shellby85 »

I read both
Traditional and iPad
I lean more towards the traditional though because I like to have the book there to actually hold and I enjoy relaxing with it in the bath lol
But if I'm desperate I will download it onto my iPad :)
ITnker
Favorite Author: No favorites.
Favorite Book: See favorite author.
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itnker.html
Latest Review: "Shadows of Damascus" by Lilas Taha

Post by ITnker »

The majority of the books I read are on my iPad. However, I cannot limit reading to just the iPad where there are still a number of books out there that are not in ereader format.
Some of my happiest moments are when lost within the pages of a book!
Latest Review: "Shadows of Damascus" by Lilas Taha
readinginreview4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readinginreview4.html

Post by readinginreview4 »

I definitely have not! I prefer hard copy but I also read on my smartphone a little

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”