Has anyone switch fully to eBook/iPad reading?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Artemisia
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artemisia.html

Re: Has anyone switch fully to eBook/iPad reading?

Post by Artemisia »

No I haven't and probably never will!
“If you don't turn your life into a story, you just become a part of someone else's story.”
― Terry Pratchett
S dot Lennon
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: My current book theme is banned books
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-dot-lennon.html
Latest Review: "Whispered Secrets Whispered Prayers" by Donna Mack
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by S dot Lennon »

I must admit that when I bought my Nook downloading a book and being able to read it instantly was extremely addictive. I purchased many books just because I knew that I could read them by simply selecting a book on the screen. Now, I am not as addicted. I find myself purchasing e-books when they are on sale on my nook but anything else I'm more than happy to go into Barnes and Noble and purchase a traditional book. I'm trying to build a library and there is just something that I still love about the weight of a traditional book in my hand.
All I need is a new book and a place to read it...
Latest Review: "Whispered Secrets Whispered Prayers" by Donna Mack
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

Never! Nunca! Jamais!...............not even close.........i love my Kindle, but a REAL book trumps an E-book in a million ways...
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
BoolovesCaseyRue

Post by BoolovesCaseyRue »

Yes, I have done that. Its great. I love using a iPad instead of paying a lot of money for something that takes up space and wastes paper. Now i have it all on my iPad and takes up no visual space. The only problem i had is books don't run out power. Lol :D
AymeIsMe
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aymeisme.html

Post by AymeIsMe »

I have 100% switched to my Kindle. I have donated all my hardcopies to the local library. The amount of clutter I reduced is amazing. I also find that I am spending less on books due to discounts and freebies.
Typhoon310
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-typhoon310.html

Post by Typhoon310 »

I like being able to use my iPad to get books, but I doubt I will ever switch completely. I like the feeling of being able to hold the book in my hand when I'm reading it. It's just not the same on the iPad.
msinc1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msinc1.html

Post by msinc1 »

The only time I read is on my Kindle. The prices are usually better on the Kindle than regular prices in the bookstores. My Kindle is better for traveling and easier to access books from anywhere.
stacyrobison1

Post by stacyrobison1 »

I havent bought a book in well over a year. Use my nook all the time.
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Not the Ipad or even ereader world. I do however, read from my Samsung Galaxy 3 and soon I am getting a Samsung ATIV tab 3.
Aussie-reader

Post by Aussie-reader »

I like reading on my ipad - both bought books and library ebooks.

I still read a paper book now and then - if I see one I want to read on special or a second hand one or something.

But I don't go looking for them any more - my ipad is my prefered book reading method
Jolijt
Currently Reading: Tell the Wolves Im Home

Post by Jolijt »

I use my iPad for books I buy and the paper books I read are the ones I already had before epubs of from the library.
Bloopers in my spelling or grammar?? A PM will be greatly appreciated... I do (almost) anything to improve my English!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I zigzag between the two and read both kinds.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
lyndsie_anna
Favorite Author: Virginia Woolf
Favorite Book: The Poisonwood Bible
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lyndsie-anna.html
Latest Review: "Life, Death and Iguanas" by Marc Newhouse
fav_author_id: 2470

Post by lyndsie_anna »

Yeah I find eBooks to be really convenient. I have CP so lugging around a book (especially the bigger ones) can be tiring. I don't think I'll ever stop reading paper books though…I love the weight in my hands and the smell of a book too much/
Latest Review: "Life, Death and Iguanas" by Marc Newhouse
nanat_001

Post by nanat_001 »

I alternate. The best thing I discovered from my iPad was that ebooks and the Kindle app offered samples. So, whenever I have down time, I scour through books on the app and download the samples for me to read. I am unsure with anyone else, but sometimes, after I have read the blurb and then I start reading it, I find its not what I wanted to read or its not grabbing my attention. The sample downloads help me make a decision to buy or not - usually, I buy. It has happened a few times where I have read the sample and decided not to buy.

I remember reading a blurb of a book and thinking I loved it, but when I downloaded the sample and read through the first 7 pages, it was too rude and crude! I quickly deleted it hahaa!

The Kindle and ipad options also help when I am strapped for cash as sometimes it is a better option to purchase the electronic copy rather then the hardcopy. I live in a remote place and getting certain books can be difficult. I also live in an apartment that has small space, so the dream of having a shelf with books has not been met yet!
soccerstar95
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soccerstar95.html
Latest Review: "Introducing The Helmholtz Resonators" by The Helmholtz Resonators, illustrated by James Lightfoot

Post by soccerstar95 »

I have a kindle, but I mostly read ebooks on my laptop. It's a lot more comfortable for me because I can switch between reading or studying or whatever. The only time I read paperbacks are for classes.
Latest Review: "Introducing The Helmholtz Resonators" by The Helmholtz Resonators, illustrated by James Lightfoot

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”