Do you have a Nook or a Kindle? Why?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.

Do you have a Nook or a Kindle?

I have a Nook.
20%
I have a Kindle.
63%
I have a different e-reader.
9%
I do not have an e-reader.
8%

Total votes: 232

huskyfan89
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Re: Do you have a Nook or a Kindle? Why?

Post by huskyfan89 »

I have a Kindle because I wasn't impressed with the Nook and because I prefer the format of the Kindle. I still buy print books however.
sweta ramamani
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweta-ramamani.html

Post by sweta ramamani »

I have a Kindle, but I previously had a Nook. I find both of them to be very useful and handy, however there are few differences that have caused me to lean towards the Kindle.
skcasta+
Favorite Author: Victor Hugo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2926">All the Light We Cannot See</a>
Currently Reading: The Red Queen
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skcasta.html
fav_author_id: 3006

Post by skcasta+ »

I have a NOOK Color. I bought it in 2012 and have been happy with it. I can download books and magazines and more. It stores hundreds of books. I have about 90 right now. I am not sure what the storage is. I can use the internet, email, download documents and play games, although I only play crosswords now and then. I like the screen and it doesn't hurt my eyes. I've tried it in other countries and it worked, but you can't buy books. You can only read what you have and use the internet. I don't know what else I would need. My NOOK has gotten a little slow, but it seems to be a wireless problem. I would possibly get a Kindle someday. But I love NOOK.
SmLovesBooks12
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smlovesbooks12.html

Post by SmLovesBooks12 »

I have a Kindle but don't use it anymore.I got it for Christmas a few years ago because my family knew I love reading.I prefer reading an actual book though.
Mrs Rae
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrs-rae.html

Post by Mrs Rae »

I got a Kindle Fire a few years ago as a gift, and loved it, but now it's past the warranty and it isn't charging :(. Now I use a Kindle Keyboard, because my friend upgraded to the latest Kindle and had no use for the old one. I actually like the Keyboard better, because it isn't as heavy and I can read it without worrying about glare. All my coworkers use Nook, but I feel like I'm already invested in Kindle, since I've been buying my books from Amazon for the last three years.
haze58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haze58.html

Post by haze58 »

I have owned a couple different styles of Kindle devices and have always been incredibly pleased. I have no experience with the Nook, though. My primary reason for using the Kindle is that I am a big fan of Amazon. I currently use a Kindle Fire and it is a great piece of technology. Not only does it allow me to read tons of books--I use it for numerous tasks. Travelling and being able to read, connect via social media, create/review/edit documents is invaluable. The price of books is hard to beat, and the tablet itself is much more affordable for me than other tablets.
kim950
Currently Reading: Down the Rabbit Hole
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kim950.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kim950 »

i have a kindle, i got it as a gift since i used my moms and didnt want to return it. dictionary is a bonus
geno0157
Favorite Author: John Grisham
Currently Reading: Too Many Crooks Spoil the Broth
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geno0157.html
fav_author_id: 2455

Post by geno0157 »

I have the Kindle. My son bought it for me as a gift. I love it.
Elizabeth2015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth2015.html

Post by Elizabeth2015 »

I have a Kindle because it was a prize. I used it a couple of times, but really enjoy an actual book in my hands to a reader. The upside of the Kindle, is that I have all books at my fingertips at all times, which comes in handy.
CRMCRM
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crmcrm.html

Post by CRMCRM »

I have a kindle and I absolutely love using it! Like many people have said, it is a lot cheaper to get books electronically than it is to shell out the shipping and handling. You also get access to the book instantly instead of waiting the standard time, and I usually loose interest in a book when I have to wait to get it. Plus, if you have the kindle with the light up screen then you don't have to worry about turning on all the lights just to read a book.
The only downside to getting a kindle is that I usually forget to charge the battery since I always loose myself in book and forget to do so. Also, I just love the smell of books for some reason and you obviously can't get that with a kindle.
Jle1786

Post by Jle1786 »

I have a Toshiba tablet with kindle. Why. A friend of mine was getting rid of it. She told me it had kindle and I was sold. She knew I loved to read. I have only had it a few months but I love it. I like how I can find free book for both my kids and I to read. And always find new things to read
snworth
Currently Reading: A Time To Kill
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by snworth »

I have a Kindle Fire - first edition. I LOVE it. The only con I find with it is the glare in the sun, but the brightness on the screen can be adjusted. As well as the font size & background making it easier to see if reading in the sun. Provides sound, and can download apps just like a tablet! Hope this helps
TeressaMW
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teressamw.html

Post by TeressaMW »

I have a Nook and have owned one for several years now. It started out because I liked the option of adding a micro SD card for additional storage space back when eReaders first came out. I currently own the nook with glow and love they way it lights up without being backlit so I can read for longer periods of time without tiring my eyes.
of-the-fireheart
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by of-the-fireheart »

I have a kindle. My nana gave it to me because they sent her an extra smaller one when she bought hers. I still use it when I can't get the book I want from the stores or library.
reviewercumwriter

Post by reviewercumwriter »

I only have a smartphone, a Tablet and a desktop and I have apps for both NOOK and Kindle. Happy with them. Although I'm sure my eyes are begging for a proper reading device.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”