Do you have a Nook or a Kindle? Why?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.

Do you have a Nook or a Kindle?

I have a Nook.
20%
I have a Kindle.
63%
I have a different e-reader.
9%
I do not have an e-reader.
8%

Total votes: 232

booksandbabble
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booksandbabble.html

Re: Do you have a Nook or a Kindle? Why?

Post by booksandbabble »

I have a kindle, mostly because I do everything on amazon, and it just seemed the most convenient way to start reading ebooks. I started off with kindle for PC, and then it was a natural jump to buying a kindle and reading on there
Maria T
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-t.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria T »

I have a Kindle and love it! Amazon seems to have more choices and I use the site for other things so it makes since to have a Kindle rather than a nook.
abolokofsky
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abolokofsky.html

Post by abolokofsky »

I actually have both a nook and a kindle. I love my nook, however, it has been having battery issues lately so I was forced to buy a new e-book reader. Due to the fact that Barnes and Noble has stopped making nooks, I was forced to buy a kindle this time around. The nook was easier to set up and had a lot more features and options than my kindle voyager.
Sargar92
Currently Reading: Hat Girl
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sargar92.html

Post by Sargar92 »

I have a kindle. Being a prime member and using those benefits I find the kindle to be better. Td linked to m Amazon account, and I can use the kindle lenders loaning library which had thousands of great books available for free!
george_bass
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by george_bass »

I purchased a Kindle because it gives you access to a whole new world of possibilities. I personally love discovering new authors — who otherwise I don't think I would have known.
Booky_BettyC
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55482">Hex Hall</a>
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booky-bettyc.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel

Post by Booky_BettyC »

My first ereader was a kobo and it's still my favourite compared to my kindle. I bought my kindle specifically for book reviews because when I first joined most books available for review were from kindle unlimited. (I prefer an ereader to an app on my phone) Kobo has many perks and actually care about their customers though. Always bonuses and ways to get free books and enter contests. Kindle is pretty plain, and in my opinon, could care less about their customers.
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
wagthefox
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by wagthefox »

I actually own both. I won a Kindle first, but didn't care for how they displayed PDFs. Then I saw a used Nook on eBay that was really cheap and found it displayed PDFs much better.
laurenmg97

Post by laurenmg97 »

I have a kindle because I got it for free and find Amazon easier to use, and I have a prime subscription.
cbrown004
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cbrown004.html

Post by cbrown004 »

I had a Nook but Kindle books were much cheaper it seemed so I switched. The Nook also really bothered my eyes for some reason I think it was the light whereas my Kindle Paperwhite does not and it looks more "page like".
BarryEM

Post by BarryEM »

It sounds like your Nook is a tablet, not an ereader. B&N called their Nook tablets ereaders but they really weren't. They weren't bad for reading but they weren't in the same class as e-ink screens.

I have a Nook HD and I had a Nook Color before that. They weren't bad devices but for reading I want an e-ink device. There were e-ink Nooks too. I have one and it has a great screen although I prefer my Kindle overall.

Barry
ReadandRoll[
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: There are several
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... nbroken</a>
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower IV
Bookshelf Size: 550
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by ReadandRoll[ »

I use a Kindle due to a past spinal chord injury and my hand dexterity is poor.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb
Momofthree81
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Momofthree81 »

I have both a Nook and a Kindle. I actually prefer the kindle to the nook. It didn't seem like the nook had as many options for free and cheap books as the kindle does. My Nook also stopped working not to long after I got it. I also liked that my kindle app on my phone synced with the books on my kindle allowing me to read even if I didn't have my kindle. The apps are much better and more abundant on the nook also. To each their own though....everybody has their own preferences.
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: Forgiven
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

I have a Kindle. I like the Kindle because the proprietors of the Amazon corporation spent countless thousands of dollars to innovate the software to be user friendly, and the hardware to be shock resistant and an easier to read display.
fobiver
Currently Reading: The High Mountains of Portugal
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fobiver.html

Post by fobiver »

I'm a Kobo girl. My husband got it for me a few years ago because when my daughter was born, she wouldn't sleep unless she was laying on me. That meant I couldn't move around and had to just sit and read (oh darn), but it was tough to turn pages. It was his awesome solution!
BarryEM

Post by BarryEM »

I have a Kobo, too, as well as a Kindle and a Nook. Mine is the original Kobo Aura, which is probably the smallest and lightest ereader ever made with a 6" screen. It's a comfortable fit in my pants pocket, and it's the only one that is. For that reason I really like it. In fact I just bought a used one on Ebay as a backup, since it's getting kind of old now.

I really prefer the Kindle's interface but the interface on the Kobo is just fine and the convenience of it can't be beat.

My Nook is the latest one, the Glowlight Plus, and it could easily be my favorite reader if it didn't have a couple of very serious flaws. But it does and I rarely use it. Too bad. It's very light to hold and it's screen is great and it has a fine interface as well.

Barry

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”