Do you have a Nook or a Kindle? Why?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.

Do you have a Nook or a Kindle?

I have a Nook.
20%
I have a Kindle.
63%
I have a different e-reader.
9%
I do not have an e-reader.
8%

Total votes: 232

iheartoliver4ever
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Do you have a Nook or a Kindle? Why?

Post by iheartoliver4ever »

I have a Kindle and I love having an E-reader! I can remember being a kid and stuffing my back pack to the gills with as many books I could fit in my bag. Now I can carry hundreds with me on a small device. I find that thrilling.
chongjasmine

Post by chongjasmine »

I have a nook hd and I really enjoy reading with it.
Read my fiction at the site below.
http://www.fictionpress.com/~jasmine
NookWorm
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nookworm.html

Post by NookWorm »

While I have a couple Nooks I prefer to use my iPad since I can have access to multiple readers: Nook, Kindle, and iBooks
TheBookFiend

Post by TheBookFiend »

I have a nook, mainly because I have always been a customer at Barnes and Noble and am loyal. I do, however, think that Amazon has a greater selection of harder-to-find ebooks.
AnnDJ
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anndj.html

Post by AnnDJ »

I have both but I have to say I love my Nook better. My kids and I go to barnes and noble and I like to sit and have a tea why my kids pick out books and I can read books for free on when I am there. But Kindle has alot of websites to go to download free books on it. But I have to say I love my real books the most.
jlindquist
Currently Reading: Golden Son
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlindquist.html

Post by jlindquist »

I have a nook and an older nook color. I originally bought the nook color thinking Barnes and Noble were going to up their application acquisition, which they did and it turned out to be a much better tablet than an e-reader. I also have a regular nook I was thinking about unlocking (this does void the warranty btw) so that I could get kindle books on it too.

I love that I can download the book immediately if there is internet, but I'm still attracted to the normal book. I also love the library hands out the free paper-filled version to borrow.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

I have a Kindle because it was the first electronic book ever, and I had the very first edition of it until it broke years later. Then I replaced it with a newer model. I never even heard of a Nook until just recently. No interest in that thing.
LarryWilto

Post by LarryWilto »

Kindle is better than the Nook, IMHO. Easier to use. Easier to take out online public library books.
nikilav22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikilav22.html

Post by nikilav22 »

Kindle. I prefer reading books on paper but this way i can carry them around everywhere. And kindle beats a smartphone or laptop anyday
Julia P
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julia-p.html

Post by Julia P »

Kindle!! Amazon have the best free ebooks
sithrebel15

Post by sithrebel15 »

I think I'm going to get the new kindle voyage. I've been holding out only because I prefer the look of paper to the electronic display.
authorlauratree
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-authorlauratree.html

Post by authorlauratree »

I have a Kindle and I love it! :D

I have had my Kindle for four years.

When I was in college, one of my friends gave a presentation on their Kindle (Public Speaking). She raved about it and said that she would recommend it to everyone, so I rushed home and told hubby. That Christmas I got my first Kindle because he knew how much I love reading. Two years later, it broke and I replaced it with the same style and hubby purchased one as well. Now everyone in my family has a Kindle!
zeldagreene
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zeldagreene.html

Post by zeldagreene »

I got the Nook as a gift from my parents because they know how much I love to read. The Kindle wasn't really well-known at that point so I was very happy when I got the Nook. Now, I have a preference for real books over e-readers because they are easier to read and I love the smell and flipping through the pages. However, I find the Nook very convenient, especially on vacations and airplanes. I never used any other e-reader, but I've seen the Kindle and honestly I don't see a huge difference between the two. They both provide digital books and that's all that matters for me.
patrickt

Post by patrickt »

I own a Kindle becasue I'm a compulsive reader. I used to carry two books with me, and a book weight, and a light, and index cards to jot down words I want to look up when I get to a dictionary. Now, I carry a Kindle with a few hundred books on it and skip the book weight, the light, the index cards, and the two heavy paper books.

There are books on stone, books on clay tablets, books on parchment scrolls, books on paper, books on tape, and now, books on e-readers. These are all "real" books.
SharisseEM
Favorite Author: Mia Sheridan
Favorite Book: Stinger
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharisseem.html
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper
fav_author_id: 3312

Post by SharisseEM »

I have a Kindle Touch. It's lightweight, it lasts long, I can listen to music and there's a dictionary as well. Plus, I don't live in the US so my friend brought it down for me. I bought it because I can carry it anywhere without worrying about anything in my bag damaging my paperback and when I travel, I still have my books with me without taking up all the space in my bag or weighing my bag down. When the battery on my phone or mp3 die, I still have my favourite songs loaded in my Kindle too. All in all, it's just really portable.
“I don't suffer from my insanity -- I enjoy every minute of it.”
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”