Do you have a Nook or a Kindle? Why?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.

Do you have a Nook or a Kindle?

I have a Nook.
20%
I have a Kindle.
63%
I have a different e-reader.
9%
I do not have an e-reader.
8%

Total votes: 232

A P Bullard
Favorite Author: H. P. Lovecraft
Favorite Book: The Marriage Plot
Currently Reading: Anna and the French Kiss
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-p-bullard.html
Latest Review: "Reckless Illusions" by Claude Dancourt

Re: Do you have a Nook or a Kindle? Why?

Post by A P Bullard »

I received a Nook GlowLight this past Christmas, and absolutely love it!
A. P. Bullard
Latest Review: "Reckless Illusions" by Claude Dancourt
newcement
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by newcement »

I have a Kindle Fire, mainly because I got it for free for opening a checking account. I love it! Use it all the time. :)

Books look great on it and playing games isn't too shabby either.

I gave my old Kindle Touch to my wife when I got the new Fire. We both love 'em!
lisarosemary

Post by lisarosemary »

kindle. I like it because its user friendly and it links with my amazon account.
CataclysmicKnight
Favorite Book: Ready Player One
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1693
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cataclysmicknight.html
Latest Review: Simple Man Simple Message by Mark Dobosz

Post by CataclysmicKnight »

Kindle here, both because it was free (part of a package to review books) and part because I REALLY wanted a tablet so I can play Hearthstone!
scquarantillo
Favorite Author: rachel vincent
Favorite Book: Forever by Judy Blume
Currently Reading: Undead to the World
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scquarantillo.html
fav_author_id: 4455

Post by scquarantillo »

I have a Nook/Galaxy tablet and I love it! I bring it everywhere and I am rarely seen without it. I used to prefer hard covers or paperbacks but my Nook is just so much more convenient. I can download books in seconds and find new authors this way.
icerose92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-icerose92.html

Post by icerose92 »

I had a Kindle, because I'm a loyal Amazon customer, but I recently sold it and bought a regular tablet. I downloaded the Amazon Kindle app onto it, so I guess you could say I still have a Kindle :D
scquarantillo
Favorite Author: rachel vincent
Favorite Book: Forever by Judy Blume
Currently Reading: Undead to the World
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scquarantillo.html
fav_author_id: 4455

Post by scquarantillo »

I love my Kindle app! While I really love Barnes and Noble I think amazon has so much more to choose from. A lot of Indie authors I now know and love only publish to amazon. Thank God for my Kindle app, without it I would never have found them!
starcrunch61
Favorite Author: Robin McKinley
Favorite Book: I really cant say
Currently Reading: The Wise Mans Fear
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starcrunch61.html
fav_author_id: 6333

Post by starcrunch61 »

Well I have to say I have both. I used to love Barnes and Noble and bought almost all my books as soon as the first nook came out. I ended up downloading the kindle app on my phone for books I had trouble finding. So eventually I got a kindle to. The main reason I use my kindle more is due to the fact that when Barnes and Noble first put out nook I bought tons of books. About a year later I tried to go back and re-read one that I had bought about a year ago. I clicked on my book and it said sorry the book was part of a by back option that I was not aware of. Since then I try to stick to kindle so I can keep all my books in one place. But sometimes there is a book that just happens to be on Barnes and Noble or the other way around and you just have to go with it.
cmh627
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cmh627.html

Post by cmh627 »

I have Kindle, I won it about a year ago and love it. If I won a Nook, i'd probably be using that now.
TheOceansVeil

Post by TheOceansVeil »

I read it off my Kindle app on my android. But will always prefer a traditional book.
RobC
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robc.html

Post by RobC »

One caveat about Kindle. My local library has free wifi, which I intend to use when I get a device. The ladies who run the library told me that you can't use Kindle in the library--Amazon company policy, they said. They are not aware of problems with other devices.
RStone
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rstone.html
Latest Review: "Malevolent Shadows" by Abdul Sami

Post by RStone »

I've got the most basic, stripped down version of the Kindle. I think I picked it because, at the time, it had best access to loads of free classic novels I wanted to download. I got an ereader at all because I tend to get stuck on four hour car trips to visit the in-laws, and was tired of hauling a heavy bag just full of books- this made travel easier. I don't use it for much else, really.
Latest Review: "Malevolent Shadows" by Abdul Sami
rose081900
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose081900.html

Post by rose081900 »

I have a Nook. I chose it because I'm not stuck getting my ebooks from just one place. Also, it was in my budget to get it and I'm a B&N lover, so it was just a good choice.
Brandi Nichcole
Favorite Author: Edgar Allen Poe
fav_author_id: 4228

Post by Brandi Nichcole »

I have a couple of free book apps on my iPhone, that unpublished authors use ( mostly people who love to write , but don't think they have what it takes or authors who are in the process of writing another book and want feed back as the go). I like them because I can get books for free, but I would rather have an actual book in my hands. Just something about the process of going to the bookstore or the library and searching through all the other books looking for the one you know you want, discovering others you may not have normally picked up otherwise and then having it in your hands while reading, makes me really happy.
KAYKAYKAY60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaykaykay60.html

Post by KAYKAYKAY60 »

I started with a Nook mainly because my sister had one and liked it. I have since upgraded to a tablet and bought a 10.5 Samsung t-800 and immediately downloaded the nook app. Love it!!

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”