Do you have a Nook or a Kindle? Why?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.

Do you have a Nook or a Kindle?

I have a Nook.
20%
I have a Kindle.
63%
I have a different e-reader.
9%
I do not have an e-reader.
8%

Total votes: 232

jenniferhurley
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenniferhurley.html

Re: Do you have a Nook or a Kindle? Why?

Post by jenniferhurley »

i have a kindle. i never chose it, it was a very unwanted birthday present that stayed in it's box for 3 months before i was eventually persuaded to use it and fell in love. there's a good selection of free and cheap books and decent battery life, but it's main advantage over actual books is if i finish one book i can start another straight away.
kellywheeler
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kellywheeler.html

Post by kellywheeler »

If you have a smartphone there is no need to choose. You can get the free app for both. There is advantages to this, the battery life on your phone will typically be better, you don't have to worry so much about carrying it around because now a days who goes anywhere without their phone. I personally prefer the kindle app because it is more user friendly but its a matter of personal preferences.
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

I have a Kindle and the iBooks on my iPad. I like them both but prefer my Kindle by far. First it is lighter and smaller and easier to hold. Second I got the version that has 3G wireless in it without any charges or sign up fees required. That is great because I can surf through Amazon anytime anywhere at no charge and no concern if WiFi is available. Plus it has the paper white screen which is great for reading. Wouldn't give either on of them up though.
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M
Regina428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regina428.html

Post by Regina428 »

I have both. I have an actual nook that Ive had since they first came out. I bought the nook because alot of family and friends have a nook so we could lend books to each other. When I bought a tablet it came with a Kindle app. so now I just compare book prices and just get the cheaper one. I find that ebooks are cheaper on the Kindle but I do love my nook and would probably buy another one.
dheyd
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dheyd.html

Post by dheyd »

I received my first Kindle as a gift and loved it. So, I just upgraded over the years.
scheatwood

Post by scheatwood »

I currently own a Kindle and I LOVE my kindle. In recent years I've thought about owning a Nook but the Kindle is just so much clearer and faster. The screen to me is a bit more crisp. I am also a big supporter of Amazon so the Kindle was a no brainer. The only thing I wish the Kindle would add to their device is something to track your reading like reading stats which is what the Kobo has. I would love to know how many pages I've read this last year on a consistent basis or how many books I've read on my Kindle.

-Sheri <3
booklovingolfer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklovingolfer.html

Post by booklovingolfer »

I love my Kindle. My life was completely changed when I got the Kindle as a gift. It was by far the best gift my husband has ever given me. I read so much more because of the Kindle.
Bluefirerose
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluefirerose.html
Latest Review: "Thomas Kindercook and the Pink Pyjamas" by Gerald Feather
Publishing Contest Votes: 1

Post by Bluefirerose »

I have a kindle because I already was an avid Amazon customer, so it just made sense to buy something that was compatible. I wasn't sure I would even like using one, but mine is always in my purse ready for any reading time :-)
Latest Review: "Thomas Kindercook and the Pink Pyjamas" by Gerald Feather
ipekbunsal
Currently Reading: Gift of Prophecy
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ipekbunsal.html
Latest Review: "Gift of Prophecy" by Lina Gardiner

Post by ipekbunsal »

I have a tablet, I always read e books on it
“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
Latest Review: "Gift of Prophecy" by Lina Gardiner
fitzyfool1
Favorite Author: robin hobb
Favorite Book: Tawny man trilogy
Currently Reading: Fools Assasin
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fitzyfool1.html
fav_author_id: 8882

Post by fitzyfool1 »

I Have a kindle.
I wasnt sure if i would be able to get used to switchingfrom a book to a kindle, but its the best thing ive ever done i love the freedom and variety it offers.
littlebook
Favorite Author: J.K Rowling
Favorite Book: Will Grayson Will Grayson
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlebook.html
Latest Review: "River of Fire" by Darrell Case

Post by littlebook »

I have a kindle. I got for my birthday two years ago. I don't really use it that much.
Latest Review: "River of Fire" by Darrell Case
rkelly

Post by rkelly »

I have a Kindle Paperwhite. It was a close call between the Glo and the Paperwhite but the reviews of the Paperwhite were better so that is what I went with.
lizzieclifton
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzieclifton.html

Post by lizzieclifton »

I have the nook because I like that I can put a memory card in it incase I download to many books and while ive never had kindle I like that barnes and noble show you books that are like the ones youve already read that way I can find new authors.
han87
Favorite Book: When I find it I will tell you.
Currently Reading: Dune
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-han87.html
Latest Review: "Angel Guides, love communication" by Jan Porter
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by han87 »

Bluefirerose wrote:I have a kindle because I already was an avid Amazon customer, so it just made sense to buy something that was compatible. I wasn't sure I would even like using one, but mine is always in my purse ready for any reading time :-)
Yup this was my scenario as well. Plus I got sick of co-workers and my bosses ogling the cover of any paperback I was reading in the lunch room while on break. My base model Kindle solves that issue nicely with the added bonus of carrying a lot of books in a small package so I can start a new book right away. :mrgreen:
Latest Review: "Angel Guides, love communication" by Jan Porter
Hanner3030
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanner3030.html

Post by Hanner3030 »

I do not have any Ereader device and I will never own one. For me, I like the feel of the book in my hand and because of that I am sort of boycotting those devices. The human race has enough technology as it is, and the system of reading from paper is not broke so why try to fix it.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”