Reading on your smart phone

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
lily_kh87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-kh87.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: Reading on your smart phone

Post by lily_kh87 »

I read from my smart phone when I'm away from my house. I always carry my phone with me, so if I'm stuck at the doctor's office or anywhere I'll just open my phone and read. But it hurts my eyes so I don't prefer it.
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

Yes reading with the phone is much easier. You don't carry a book everywhere but in a phone you can just switch it on and read anywhere and at anytime. Plus it is more light.
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
alyssamorgan-8
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssamorgan-8.html

Post by alyssamorgan-8 »

I have an IPad and IPhone so when I'm out and about I can read on my phone but if I'm home or somewhere where I can use my IPad I can just pick up where I left off! I do like both have a back light so Its way easier on the eyes.
Arietta
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arietta.html

Post by Arietta »

Phone is good,I use Moon reader. It's quite easy to use.
EdelRae
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edelrae.html

Post by EdelRae »

For some reason, I hate reading books from a screen, especially a small one. Just holding a book never compares to it. I really need to get over it though since digital is the new upcoming reading platform lol.
Sreeja_K
Currently Reading: Career of Evil
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sreeja-k.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sreeja_K »

Actual books or kindle is more fine according to me
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

I'm guilty of reading on my phone. My mother in law bought me a tablet for Christmas, because it drove her crazy to see me squint at my screen while reading. I use both now, but sometimes my phone is just more convenient.
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Tiff-thebookworm
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiff-thebookworm.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Tiff-thebookworm »

I have the Kindle App also on my smartphone which is perfect when I am on the go plus I share my tablet with my son so the only way I get to read sometimes is on my smartphone. I don't get the same feeling from ready out of a book but I at least get to throw more wood to the fire to ignite my passion for reading.
Though I walk by day, I treasure my nights with you.
Sol Joy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sol-joy.html

Post by Sol Joy »

I reach for my smart phone before other electronic devices when reading. I too enjoy the convenience of using the phone to read while in bed.

I will always prefer a paper book... above any electronic, but the smart phone is a suitable second choice...especially for night reading. :geek2:
samnrivera
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samnrivera.html

Post by samnrivera »

I love using wattpad on my phone. it's an online site where people can publish their own short stories and you can follow profiles and get daily updates when someones added a new chapter to their books :)
curious_daisy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-curious-daisy.html

Post by curious_daisy »

i read a lot on my phone before I got an ereader and honestly my eyesight got worse. I do not recommend you read much on brightly lit screens...
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Post by Kdonegan91 »

I enjoy reading on my nook but not my cell. The screen is too small on my Iphone and when I enlarge the print it can become disoriented. Also, the pics are not as clear. I am glad you enjoyed it though. The more ways to read the better.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
DarthMom25
Currently Reading: Deadly Design
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darthmom25.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
2024 Reading Goal: 364
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by DarthMom25 »

I definitely prefer to read on my Kindle if I'm reading an e-book. I have no problem with reading on my phone through the Kindle app or iBooks, but I don't necessarily like having so few words on my screen. Hahaha. Maybe if I had a larger phone screen it would be more enjoyable, but until then, I'll stick to my preferred Kindle.

One good thing about reading on your phone, though, is it's much easier to read on if you have people constantly saying you read on your Kindle too much! :mrgreen: :lol2:
Joy Lim

Post by Joy Lim »

I try not to read books on my phone because I'm still a teen and already stare at my computer screen for usually more than eight hours a day (studying, seriously). I enjoyed reading on my Kindle more, but it broke so now the only books I have to read are classics written long before I was born. :shock:
Celticlady
Currently Reading: Josephine Baker's Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 3435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celticlady.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Celticlady »

I have in the past read on a smartphone. But the phone I have now makes that impossible to do, lack of memory. If I go anywhere I take my kindle and reading in bed is easy for me as my kindle is in a stand. Perfect.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”