Reading on your smart phone

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
prarich
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prarich.html
Latest Review: "The Angel with Burnt Wings" by Scarlett Jensen

Re: Reading on your smart phone

Post by prarich »

Yes I do some times when in transit.Don't prefer it though.
Latest Review: "The Angel with Burnt Wings" by Scarlett Jensen
jjwinter
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjwinter.html

Post by jjwinter »

I used to do this on my iPhone. Then I dropped it... and now its the "Stained Glass" edition. Now I'm back to my desktop PC for any serious online reading.
ladylioness
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: The Stand
Currently Reading: Wheel of Time book 4
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladylioness.html
Latest Review: "HOW TO KNOCK A BRAVEBIRD FROM HER PERCH" by D. BRYANT SIMMONS
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by ladylioness »

I read on my iPhone only at work as it is convenient and its not safe to leave a book or tablet laying around as it may "walk" off when I'm not at my desk. I don't particularly like reading on my phone as the text is small and I read rather fast so Im constantly moving my thumbs.
Latest Review: "HOW TO KNOCK A BRAVEBIRD FROM HER PERCH" by D. BRYANT SIMMONS
castor
Favorite Author: G.G. Marquez
Favorite Book: One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Palace of Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-castor.html
Latest Review: "Dangerous Obsessions" by Bob Van Laerhoven
Reading Device: B002R5UYXY

Post by castor »

I don't read on my smart phone. i usually read news & articles but not books. i prefer my Sony e-reader for that
Latest Review: "Dangerous Obsessions" by Bob Van Laerhoven
srkilgour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srkilgour.html
Latest Review: Blue Collar Cash by Ken Rusk

Post by srkilgour »

I actually just recently found out how easy and awesome using the Kindle app on my phone is. For some reason I didn't think it would transfer all my books on it, but now that I do I love reading on my phone when I just have a few spare minutes to read. Very Convenient!
Chzoma
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chzoma.html

Post by Chzoma »

I love the physicality of a book. I'd rather drive to the book store over reading on my smart phone/iPod. I love the smell of them as well as really neat bookmarks :)
Technosaur
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-technosaur.html

Post by Technosaur »

I read on my smartphone, and while I'm not a speed reader, (If anyone has any useful tips, please either send them to me at [email protected] or PM, it will be appreciated very much :D ) I quite like it. I have encountered some problems though. I sometime find the format a bit tricky to go over, but the mobility is worth it!
PashaRu
Currently Reading: Vicars of Christ - The Dark Side of the Papacy
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pasharu.html
Latest Review: "Damn Females on the Lawn" by Rachel Hurd

Post by PashaRu »

I have a book reader on my phone, but as a rule I don't use it. Just not comfortable to read on the phone. I prefer my Kindle Fire and iPad, and if I don't have either one, I'd rather pick up a book than try to read on my phone.
[Insert quote here. Read. Raise an eyebrow. Be mildly amused. Rinse & repeat.]
Latest Review: "Damn Females on the Lawn" by Rachel Hurd
inksomniareads
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inksomniareads.html
Latest Review: "Under A Blood Moon" by Michael Andrews

Post by inksomniareads »

I occasionally read on my iPhone, usually if I'm out somewhere that I'll be waiting for long periods of time and I can't be bothered to lug around a book or my Kindle. I do enjoy reading short stories on my phone, though. They seem to go by much quicker.
Latest Review: "Under A Blood Moon" by Michael Andrews
NanoWasabi
Favorite Author: JRR Tolkien
Favorite Book: Watership Down
Currently Reading: Atlas Shrugged
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nanowasabi.html
Latest Review: "MXX: Agent Soldier" by Donald Schlising

Post by NanoWasabi »

I don't have a laptop or a kindle, so reading on my phone is the only option unless I want to carry around a heavy book bag. I think it would be a real pain to read on a laptop though, just because they're so clumsy. But maybe laptops have gotten better for reading since the XP era...
Latest Review: "MXX: Agent Soldier" by Donald Schlising
Bookworm0266
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm0266.html
Latest Review: "Other (This title is supposed to have a checkmark in front of it, but the form disallowed it.)" by Cindy Campopiano

Post by Bookworm0266 »

Reading on my phone tends to be hit or miss for me because battery can be an issue for when I need my phone for other things.
Latest Review: "Other (This title is supposed to have a checkmark in front of it, but the form disallowed it.)" by Cindy Campopiano
sglee425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sglee425.html

Post by sglee425 »

I spend all day on a computer and wouldn't read on a phone because of the eye strain. Reading on a kindle is just like reading on a paper book.
zifranka
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zifranka.html

Post by zifranka »

I heard that they're planning on making the Vatican archives available online soon. My first thought was, "Oh come on, lies!" Haha, but I admit that would be incredible. Although I imagine it would take a very long time and would need strict security. Wouldn't that be neat, though, having ancient literature on your phone? Who would have thought? Insane.
9bit
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: 1984
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by 9bit »

sybil1reader wrote:I tried reading on my smart phone but the text is too small. I'll have to stick to my Kindle or real books.
You can increase the text size in every eReader app that I know of. Depending on your phone it might not be ideal to read on it, but it's better than nothing in a pinch, I always say! Having my phone on me and having books on there has saved me from boredom so many times I can't even count. :mrgreen:
ssneha

Post by ssneha »

Its easier to read books in smartphones if you are part of the busy life.Whenever we are travelling or bored,just open the book in the phone. It is so handy.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”