Reading on your smart phone

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
itzjojohere
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itzjojohere.html

Re: Reading on your smart phone

Post by itzjojohere »

I like to read in general so I don't mind reading on either a paperback or on a device. I have downloaded lots of books on my Kindle app to read and I also have lots of paperbacks on my bookshelves.
Pepperjack91

Post by Pepperjack91 »

I can deal with reading on my phone. I've read many on there. I just started reading Dream Psychology on it because I could get it free but I am seriously considering buying an actual copy cause I am getting to where I don't like it as much..
mamelotti96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamelotti96.html

Post by mamelotti96 »

I will admit that the smartphone is convenient, but my heart will always belong to the physical book. There's just something magical about feeling the progress you have made on a book.
LittleWilma
Favorite Author: Jeff Melton
Favorite Book: Dark Destiny
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlewilma.html

Post by LittleWilma »

Several years ago, I was watching Star Trek: DS9 and Jake Sisko was walking around the station reading a book on an electronic device and I swore that I would never do that. A couple of years ago, I got a Kindle for Christmas and I absolutely love it. When my husband got his first smart phone, I swore I would never have much use for it because I wouldn't be able to see anything on it, much less read on it. I got a hand-me-down phone last month and find myself reading on it more than my Kindle. I have insomnia and like having the house dark and those book lights are never enough, so I read books on my phone a lot. With the adjustable brightness and being able to have the sepia background, my eyes don't get tired like I thought they would with the back light. Then you add in the feature where you can sync across all devices, then I can read any book on my phone and it would pick up right where I left off on the Kindle. I truly like having the options.
David Dawson
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-dawson.html
Latest Review: "The Mystery Factor" by Michael Brightman

Post by David Dawson »

I'll read newspaper articles on my smart phone but anything longer I think I would struggle.
Latest Review: "The Mystery Factor" by Michael Brightman
Majigurl

Post by Majigurl »

It's the only way I read books now is on my iphone. lol I haven't read anything on any other devices or a read bound book in years now :/

I love it because my ebook is always with me!
nathanhodgins

Post by nathanhodgins »

I enjoy reading on my iPhone, I downloaded the eBooks app, and have been very happy with it so far.
amansmith
Favorite Author: Patricia Briggs
Favorite Book: Alpha and Omega and Highland Moonlight
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amansmith.html
Latest Review: "My Journey To Hell (Novelette)" by John D.Ottini
fav_author_id: 4314

Post by amansmith »

I agree. When nook, kindle and iPad first started I refused to use any of them because I insisted the actual book was best and it couldn't be replaced. Well last year I got an iPad mini for my birthday to use for my books. I was extremely skeptical, but I used it and after a couple of books I fell in love with the idea. The next step for me was downloading the books onto my iPhone so I didn't have to carry my iPad everywhere. Now I read only on my phone. I always have it with me and I can carry it anywhere so it was a no brainier. I still miss seeing my book collection grow on the shelf, but it is so much easier to keep track of everything on your phone.
Latest Review: "My Journey To Hell (Novelette)" by John D.Ottini
Wolfsbane Creations
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wolfsbane-creations.html

Post by Wolfsbane Creations »

Only when I forgot my kindle/book at home
Lovely_Ink
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovely-ink.html
Latest Review: "Olympian Passion" by Andrya Bailey

Post by Lovely_Ink »

I try to not read for pleasure on my phone. I feel like I'm rushing to read so that I don't run down the battery. Also, there are too many distractions for me with text alerts and social media alerts coming in over the phone. I prefer to limit my phone reading to brief material that doesn't require any real concentration.
Latest Review: "Olympian Passion" by Andrya Bailey
ttuso22
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ttuso22.html
Latest Review: The Immigrant's Lament by Mois benarroch
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by ttuso22 »

I didn't mind reading books on my phone from Goodreads and I often did it when I was bored and out of the house. It is quite nice if you don't have a book nearby and it doesn't take up a lot of room.
If there’s a book you really want to read but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it. ~Toni Morrison
GeonnaMarie
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geonnamarie.html
Latest Review: "Breathing Life Into a Faded Heart" by A. Reece

Post by GeonnaMarie »

I have a kindle, but I do sometimes read on my phone. It's mostly because I can prop it up easily and read at work. Gives me a headache after a short while though.
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost.
Latest Review: "Breathing Life Into a Faded Heart" by A. Reece
readinginreview4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readinginreview4.html

Post by readinginreview4 »

I read on my smartphone a little. I have an app called wattpad and I'm currently reading Grimm's Fairytales right now on it, and I still would rather read a book in my hands.
CuriousJorgi
Favorite Author: JRR Tolkien
Favorite Book: The Hobbit
Currently Reading: Dorothy Must Die
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-curiousjorgi.html

Post by CuriousJorgi »

I prefer a physical book, then my ebooks on my Nook or iPad; however, when I am getting my hair done I will read on my phone.
laureng
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laureng.html

Post by laureng »

I haven't tried this, but I would think it would really hard for some reason (and I have a Kindle.) It seems like the print would be too small to actually read anything. I think that I will just stick to my Kindle and real books for now.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”