Reading on your smart phone

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
hayes_nch
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hayes-nch.html

Re: Reading on your smart phone

Post by hayes_nch »

Unless my smart phone screen is as big as kindle screen, I don't think I can keep reading that for more than 10 minutes. It's just too tiring, and I think it is bad for your eyes in long term.
esbsms
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esbsms.html

Post by esbsms »

I do a lot of reading on my smartphone as well. I love it and I agree with you that it's great for reading in bed, however, I don't do it so often since it can make my hands a little tired.
Crysaniarai

Post by Crysaniarai »

i tried it once when i forgot to bring my kindle to the gym with me, and it was too difficult to read on such a small screen. it hurt my eyes. i was recently chosen to product test a new smartphone, and the screen on it seems huge compared to my old one - maybe i could read comfortably on this one. i'll have to give it a try!
Little House
Favorite Author: Orson Scott Card
Favorite Book: Enders Game or maybe Enders Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-little-house.html
Latest Review: "Chocolate Chip Chelsy" by Angelina Madison
fav_author_id: 2667

Post by Little House »

I don't mind reading on the phone. There have been times where I didn't want to carry anything bigger and the phone was perfect. I think that it is a great option for those who always have their phone with them.
Latest Review: "Chocolate Chip Chelsy" by Angelina Madison
fr3shpr1nc3ss

Post by fr3shpr1nc3ss »

I only read a book off my phone if I am not expecting much from it, that way I can read it whenever it's suitable without going out of my way to bring or carry around my kindle
Bookworm_22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm-22.html

Post by Bookworm_22 »

I love using my phone, the majority of my reading is from my iPhone with my Kindle app.
Sciadoe
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sciadoe.html

Post by Sciadoe »

I have a Galaxy S4 and it's the largest screen I've ever had on a cell phone. I read eBooks on it a lot and actually I have been reading more on my phone than I have my tablet (the ereader function is on it) because it has more memory and can hold more books. The backlighting is the same on both devices but I've found that since my phone is a bit more portable (being smaller in size and lighter in weight) it's easier to read on there.
bookxlover24

Post by bookxlover24 »

I Like Reading On My Phone Because Its Convenient For Me...I Do Almost Everything On My That Is Just How My Life Is Set Up So If I Can Get A Book To My Phone That Is Perfect But If I Can Get A Paperback Or It On My Kindle Thats Fine Also As Long As I Have The Book I Really Dont Mind In What Way That Is...
allesha
Favorite Author: Scott Westerfeld
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allesha.html
Latest Review: "Buenos Dias Lucy London" by Iza MacLeod
fav_author_id: 3521

Post by allesha »

Reading on my phone isn't the worst thing, but still less enjoyable than my Kindle.
Latest Review: "Buenos Dias Lucy London" by Iza MacLeod
midgetgem
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-midgetgem.html

Post by midgetgem »

I do like reading on my phone because there are many good online books that you can read, however after a bit my eyes start to hurt and I can't read for very long! I can read for as long as I want on an eReader, however eReaders don't have pixels and is in ink, so it is easier to read for long periods of time.
Stef Topping

Post by Stef Topping »

I'll switch from the nook app on the ipad to the app on my iphone and it's great! The app will recognize where you left off, so it will open up to your current location.
dominiccalvin
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominiccalvin.html

Post by dominiccalvin »

Earlier I held the traditional view that the look and feel of a book is an integral aspect of reading a book. When I first heard about Kindle, I was convinced that I would not take to it but, around the same time, a friend of mine bought one and was extremely excited about it. I resisted the trend till my schedule became very hectic and I was too tired to read after work so then I started reading PDFs on my smart phone. It was not as awful as I had imagined and it even gave me the opportunity to read during short hiatuses while travelling. Now I have managed to sort out my schedule in such a way as to enable me to read books at home and PDFs when I am on the move. I have to confess that even at work, when my colleagues are not breathing down my neck, I spend about the best part of an hour reading on my phone while pretending to work. :mrgreen:

Dominic.
TiffanyJade
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiffanyjade.html
Latest Review: "Whispers of a Soul" by Chantal Emmenis

Post by TiffanyJade »

I can read on my phone as easily as anything but I try to stay away from backlit screens as much as I can
Latest Review: "Whispers of a Soul" by Chantal Emmenis
renoldscott

Post by renoldscott »

That's very difficult because of small fonts and screen.
Shinyfox
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shinyfox.html

Post by Shinyfox »

I don't have a smart phone myself, but I have often borrowed my boyfriend's phone in certain situations. I didn't like it. Couldn't get used to the screen or the size of the text and I've learned to just bring extra books with me when we go on over night trips to his mother's house. The phone was just too different from what I'm used to, so I'll stick with my paper books and kindle.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”