Reading on your smart phone

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
byrstn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Reading on your smart phone

Post by byrstn »

I only use my phone for reading in an office if I forget my tablet. I have to enlarge the text too much and then spend my time swiping.
WildWiggin
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildwiggin.html
Latest Review: "The Passerby" by David Balzarini

Post by WildWiggin »

I've been doing a lot of reading on my phone lately because I can easily download the free books I have sent to my email every day. However, after a while my eyes do start to hurt. I’ve been considering buying a reader for a bigger screen and better lighting. My only concern is being able to access the books I buy off of iBooks on a reader.
Latest Review: "The Passerby" by David Balzarini
Jessafford
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessafford.html

Post by Jessafford »

I tend from time to time read on my smart phone. While I can change the font size, jst like my nook, I still prefer a good old hardcopy of the book. If I cannot get a hardcopy but can get a digital copy I normally use my nook for reading.
elkington
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by elkington »

I've read 2 books on my smartphone and I liked it! it's convenient that you can read anywhere since you always have your phone with you. However, I do prefer reading proper books or reading on my kindle so I haven't read on my phone in a while, but wouldn't mind doing it again.
Maribrito

Post by Maribrito »

I enjoy reading on my phone. Is easy to handle at night in bed and it does not bother my "non-reading" husband. Since I always have my phone accessible at all time my book is just a click away. I do miss the smell of books but the convenience of having the book accessible always compensates.
BarryEM

Post by BarryEM »

If I went back to books I'm afraid I'd miss the smell of plastic and glass. :)

Barry
Moni
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moni.html

Post by Moni »

I use the kindle app on my iPhone. I love reading on my phone.
babyslim1982
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by babyslim1982 »

I prefer to read on my kindle
dana012
Currently Reading: Endless Forms Most Beautiful
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana012.html
Latest Review: "All Access" by Liberty Kontranowski

Post by dana012 »

I like reading on my smartphone since it's more convenient than a physical book. I can have hundreds of books at my fingertips at any given time, no need to carry bulky books around. Also, I can read whenever, wherever I want. I also have books, but I usually reserve them for when I'm at home.
Latest Review: "All Access" by Liberty Kontranowski
Loverockers
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... lations</a>
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loverockers.html
Latest Review: "Contemplations" by Lisa M. Gott

Post by Loverockers »

I use my smartphone to read when I'm out and about, or when my other devices aren't working. Like currently my laptop is having battery issues, so I'm switching between my mother's ipad and my cell phone. Usually, as soon as I download the book, I email a copy to myself and download it on whichever device I want, so I can continue reading no matter where.
Latest Review: "Contemplations" by Lisa M. Gott
waluhyo
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by waluhyo »

mostly :)
Namrata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namrata.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Namrata »

I haven't tried Kindle or other forms of this kind of reading. My first preference is a hard cover good book. Nothing beats that. But nowadays due to the rising cost, availability and access; ebooks are better simply because they r easier to access. Just at the click of a button. And one has all the new features of changing the lighting, font and what not.
Yelitzag08
Currently Reading: DIABLO NIGHTS
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yelitzag08.html
Latest Review: "The Blood on My Hands" by Shannon O'Leary

Post by Yelitzag08 »

I also love to read on my smartphone, it's super convenient! My smartphone is fairly large so the text is a decent size for reading. I've read several books on my smartphone so far. My only concern really is that there are still a large number of books that are unavailable as e-books. I tend to take a book with me whenever I go somewhere, so it's really great eliminating the extra weight of a physical book. Another great thing about reading on your phone is there is no worry about losing your place because the phone saves your last location on the book even if you accidentally close it. I use the kindle app when reading on my phone and they make it so you don't have to scroll down to read a page. They split up the page into an amount of text that you can read on one screen. There's also the option of enlarging the text which is helpful if you have poor eyesight.
Latest Review: "The Blood on My Hands" by Shannon O'Leary
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

I use the Kindle app on my smart phone. I do like reading from my phone when traveling in the car since it is back lit. Traditionally though I am a book reader at heart. I love the weight and smell of a book in my hands. I do have a Kindle and I also have Kindle for PC so that I can read no matter what my situation may be.
kebanfi
Currently Reading: Paper Princess
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebanfi.html

Post by kebanfi »

I have a nook which I occasionally read on and I also use the Overdrive app and the Wattpad app on my smartphone to read books. However nothing can ever really beat having a paperback/hardcover in hand :)

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”