Reading on your smart phone

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Hummingbird74
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Reading on your smart phone

Post by Hummingbird74 »

I do 90% of my reading on my smartphone. The other 10% is a physical copy. I love my smartphone to read in bed. So much easier than holding a book and a light.
abijane115
Currently Reading: Combative
Bookshelf Size: 133

Post by abijane115 »

Hummingbird74 wrote:I do 90% of my reading on my smartphone. The other 10% is a physical copy. I love my smartphone to read in bed. So much easier than holding a book and a light.
I feel the same way, so much more convenient with the smartphone. I use both my iPad and iPhone since I can sync all books in both devices :lol:
There is beauty to be found in every moment.
SusieGee1978
Favorite Author: Darynda Jones
Favorite Book: The Charlie Davidson series
Currently Reading: Lawless by Matt Bondurant
fav_author_id: 5721

Post by SusieGee1978 »

I read on my smart phone all the time, I always have my phone on me so if I find myself with a few minutes to spare, I can pick up where I left off :D
perphila
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by perphila »

I like having something on my phone to read since I have it with me almost all the time. The text is small but it can be enlarged. I find pausing to enlarge a distraction from the reading. I try not to use my phone too much for this reason because I would rather read than enlarge and that can cause strain to my eyes. If I am going to go with any type of eReader experience I like using my iPad. I have overdrive media and kindle on it. The size is good and not to heavy. I have books on my laptop too but I tend to keep more audiobooks there and have it running while I am doing other things. I prefer hardcopy books overall but I am a desperate reader and if I have to use my phone I will. I have been using it less now that I have a tablet but I do still use my phone as a last resort.
mtnhicks
Favorite Author: Stieg Larsson
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5837">City of Thieves</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2626
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtnhicks.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2552

Post by mtnhicks »

A couple of years ago I read the entire Uncle Tom's Cabin on my phone while working in a candy store of an amusement park. I would read a "page" or two between customers while selling handmade fudge and chocolate candy. THEN I bought the hardback from the bookstore I worked. It had to be special ordered, I'm a book snob and we didn't sell it in hardcover!
I also read Dracula on my phone. I'd rather read A)Hardcover, B)Trade, 3)Mass market, 4)Kindle, 5)my phone.
I read a book on my phone today because I was too lazy to take the Kindle out of my bag while waiting for my daughter to get off work!
I'm currently reading one on the Kindle, one trade in the car, a book on my computer at work and a forth on my phone!

Back to the question- I will read on my phone, but only when I'm too lazy for a different option.
kitkatreader

Post by kitkatreader »

I love reading on my phone! It's so handy because I can pick up my book no matter where I go.
Jinn_G
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jinn-g.html

Post by Jinn_G »

kitkatreader wrote:I love reading on my phone! It's so handy because I can pick up my book no matter where I go.

Me too! And I love the instant gratification too...no trips to the book store or library only to find out the title you're looking for isn't there.
wentymil
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by wentymil »

I use the kindle app on my phone ,text can be adjusted in size or turn your phone horizontal

-- 13 Feb 2015, 03:36 --

On the bus at the doctor office,a snip from your book even at lunch
Lourgreening1
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lourgreening1.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Lourgreening1 »

I read on my phone all the time I use scribed, I books, and Google books. I love reading on my phone its super convenient.
petermark

Post by petermark »

this is very bad habit.you must read on you tab.or if your ipone screen is very small then use bold images.
maryjacqueline
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maryjacqueline.html

Post by maryjacqueline »

I love to read books on my smart phone. A great invention. A great pick me up for me especially when its a long day full of stuff to do for others. Nice to have quite time dipping into a book
Lizzy Mar
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Lizzy Mar »

I really like reading on my smart phone. I can read anywhere I want whenever I want. The only disadvantage is that the bright of the screen affect the eyes. I think that's one of the principal reasons I use glasses. I'm pretty blind. Reading on my smart phone is an exelent way to read, though.
talkwithtaylor

Post by talkwithtaylor »

I don't usually read on my phone, but this is only because the small size (as compared to an e-reader or actual book) makes it seem like every page takes forever. I can definitely see why people would like it though!
AuthorMeghan
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-authormeghan.html

Post by AuthorMeghan »

I destroyed my tablet (my equivalent to an eBook reader) about a week ago. In an act of desperation, I put a few books on my phone.

It's definitely different, I'll tell you that.

I use the same program (Moonbooks+) to read on my phone, so that wasn't different (I've also had some luck with Aldiko). I actually found myself reading more. Instead of doing stupid games on my phone when I'm bored and without my tablet (which is often because it doesn't fit well in my purse) I found myself reading. I got through two more books this week than is typical for me. Plus, as mentioned before it's lightweight, has some great backlight features and is really easy to use.

I can't wait to get my tablet replaced/fixed, but in the meantime I'm actually enjoying it on my phone a lot more than I thought I would.
Stevefromtheblock
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevefromtheblock.html
Latest Review: "Short Shorts" by Alex Apostol

Post by Stevefromtheblock »

I have Aldiko on my phone and use it occasionally, but it's definitely not my preferred way of reading.
Latest Review: "Short Shorts" by Alex Apostol

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”