Kindle Paperwhite vs. Voyage?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
boog
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boog.html

Kindle Paperwhite vs. Voyage?

Post by boog »

Is there any bonus to the Voyage that I'm overlooking, or is it just a grossly overpriced and only lightly souped up version of the Paperwhite?
Lincoln
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Very Loving Caterpillar
Bookshelf Size: 48
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Lincoln »

boog wrote:Is there any bonus to the Voyage that I'm overlooking, or is it just a grossly overpriced and only lightly souped up version of the Paperwhite?
I love my paperwhite. The voyage looks incredible, but overall I think the paperwhite is plenty!
Lincoln's book, Raven's Peak is the OnlineBookClub.org April 2017 Book of the Month.

View Raven's Peak on Lincoln's website.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
SparklingOne
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: A Breath of Snow and Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklingone.html
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by SparklingOne »

I would say the page turn buttons located on each side of the device, in addition to screen page turn if you wish. It has the same screen lighting as the Paperwhite, but feels much lighter while I hold it to read. I found a very light cover which actually makes the Voyage feel like a bound book in my hand. The cover is made by Fintie, I believe the model was vintage.
Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Christina O Phillips
Currently Reading: Oz
Bookshelf Size: 1326
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-o-phillips.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Christina O Phillips »

I went back and forth on which one to buy when I was in the market for a new e-reader about a year ago. In the end, I really just wanted an e-reader that would let me read outside and my husband bought me the Paperwhite because of the pricing difference. I love it. I haven't read enough about the Voyage to regret the purchase. The Paperwhite is perfect for me.
Leese
Currently Reading: The Lafayette Campaign
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leese.html
Latest Review: "Probable Cause for Vengeance" by David Wolf
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Leese »

I've never owned a Paperwhite, so I can't compare it to the Voyage but I've had my Voyage now for a while and I absolutely love it. It's slim and light, even with the cover I have for it, and the PagePress sensors are great. I love how you can choose in the settings how sensitive they are. I owned a Nook Simple Touch prior to the Voyage and I'm really satisfied with my choice to switch.
Latest Review: "Probable Cause for Vengeance" by David Wolf
Chitopogi
Currently Reading: the marvelous adventures of gwendolyn gray
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitopogi.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Chitopogi »

I looove my Kindle Paperwhite especially since it was gifted to me by my eldest son. Now, if someone were to gift me with the Voyager reader then maybe I can comment on it's qualities.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”