Questions from a new Kindle book reader.

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
BML
Bookshelf Size: 0

Questions from a new Kindle book reader.

Post by BML »

I want to use EBook/technology to speed up my writing and I will explain what I mean.
I'm not a professional writer but I am writing something about my life for my children to read if they wish when I’m gone. I keep coming to things that I experienced such as the Second World War and I like to write a few words on matters such as the enormous causalities.
The problem is that between me reading something from a book or the Internet and then moving to my keyboard I have forgotten what I read. Maybe it’s connected to my dyslexia.
However, if I’m using something such as Wikipedia I can cut and paste pieces obviously noting the origination.
I am not well versed in new technology, in fact I’m a trifle frightened of it and am getting on a bit but eventually I got onto the Internet and found it much easier than I thought I would.
I am now set up with what I think may be called a, “Kindle link” which allowed me to purchase my first Kindle book.
I do not intend to buy an EBook or Kindle reader at the moment because my primary ambition is to be able to download such books as I need and extract the information that interests me. That’s where I met my first hurdle because I couldn’t work out how to abstract the written words from the Kindle book so I had to use Snipping tool and work with the end result by pasting the result under what I am typing.
To cut a long story short I would like to be able to cut and paste pieces from an EBook/Kindle book onto a Word document so my question has to be. “Is that possible?”

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”