What's Your Favorite?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Aimeeannbooks
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aimeeannbooks.html

What's Your Favorite?

Post by Aimeeannbooks »

Hi!
I just thought I'd come on over here and ask everybody what their favorite type of e-reader is.(:
I don't actually use an e-reader, specifically. I have a Kindle Fire, but I use that one more to watch stuff as it comes with a bunch of those types of apps.
When I do e-read, my goto device is my iPhone. With all the other apps on it, I have my Kindle and iBook account apps, so I just read from those. It's easier to hold, and I don't have to worry about my eyes burning from the brightness of a bright screen.
I wonder if I'm the only one who reads off of a phone rather than a tablet made for e-reading.
aimeeann
lbsilvina

Post by lbsilvina »

I will consider your comments when choosing the use of ebooks.
samsonodezy2015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samsonodezy2015.html

Post by samsonodezy2015 »

i have used kobo ebooks and scribd for android. also kindle, but truth be told, there is nothing more satifying and blissful than reading the very hard copy
lynnfoley7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lynnfoley7.html

Post by lynnfoley7 »

I use the Kindle app on my IPad. I think the app has improved over time, and it is definitely growing on me. I probably still prefer the feel of a real book in my hand, but I have been using the Kindle app more and more for library books. Turning pages and moving back and forth if I want to check something I have already read is easy enough.
Kaylin McFarren
Favorite Book: Buried Threads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75

Post by Kaylin McFarren »

Never thought I'd use my iPad for reading but the fact is I do. I love Kindle! Especially while traveling, since books can be bulky. When you've finished reading paperbacks or hardbacks and don't plan to keep them, you still have to pack them in your bags...unless you give them away.
queenlea1

Post by queenlea1 »

I use my iPhone or iPad and buy books using the iBooks app. But I definitely prefer real books! And I don't ever give them away. Of all the books I've purchased on iBooks, when I see them at second-hand stores, etc, I buy them for my shelf! I just buy them in iBooks when I can't make it to the store to get a book, and I always have a book on the go!
queenlea1
Christine_B
Currently Reading: Silver Shadows
Bookshelf Size: 1971
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine-b.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by Christine_B »

My favorite ereader is definitely my kindle then my kobo and then my phone if i'm out and I want to hold it in one hand more easily.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
ZeroChill
Currently Reading: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zerochill.html
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace

Post by ZeroChill »

I have talked about it on other forums. You should get a kindle fire or a kindle paper white, both of them are the best
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ika Apro »

I love my kindle but the problem is it has no option to change the font size. That's its only drawback I think.
Mari Thompson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mari-thompson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Mari Thompson »

I read on my iPhone too.
Tbuenzli
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Tbuenzli »

I love my Kindle Paperwhite. I travel cross county for work and read on the plane the ability to carry literally hundreds of books in one device is very helpful and appealing for me.
Shruti Sharma 25

Post by Shruti Sharma 25 »

Currently, I am reading, Beach Road by Emily Henry. It was a delightful blend of romance and self-discovery. The plot comprises two writers, January and Gus, who swap genres for the summer in a quaint beach town. As they navigate writer's block and life's complexities, they find unexpected inspiration in each other. The novel is a heartwarming exploration of love, creativity, and the magic of second chances. I couldn't keep the book down and finish it in one go. I already have the books up on my shelf for all the coming years.
sleeplessbookexplorer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by sleeplessbookexplorer »

I love BooxPalma as my ereader. :)
sleeplessbookexplorer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by sleeplessbookexplorer »

Shruti Sharma 25 wrote: 25 Jan 2024, 05:33 Currently, I am reading, Beach Road by Emily Henry. It was a delightful blend of romance and self-discovery. The plot comprises two writers, January and Gus, who swap genres for the summer in a quaint beach town. As they navigate writer's block and life's complexities, they find unexpected inspiration in each other. The novel is a heartwarming exploration of love, creativity, and the magic of second chances. I couldn't keep the book down and finish it in one go. I already have the books up on my shelf for all the coming years.
The OP asked for favorite Ereader not book.
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Silvia Sianto »

I love my Kindle Paperwhite. I travel cross county for work and read on the plane the ability to carry literally hundreds of books in one device is very helpful and appealing for me.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”