Why paperback is better for you

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Rachel Christina
Currently Reading: Dream of me
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-christina.html

Why paperback is better for you

Post by Rachel Christina »

Who loves reading the hard copy of a book instead of the electronic copy? MEE! (and I hope others do too).

People always say that an Ebook is so much easier and way more convenient for reading books because its less to carry around, you can have between 10 to 1000 books in your hand at a time and well its worth the money. I would have to disagree with all these reasons.

A hardcopy is so much better because it is more personal to the reader. The smell of the pages, whether they are old or new; the feeling of the physical book and turning page after page. You have to admit, putting your hand on the next page to cover a huge reveal so you don't glance over it while reading the previous page is quite exhilarating! When you have a huge book collection in your room and just the sight of each book and all the different colours of the front covers are just beautiful. More beautiful than a small black box. Books don't die either, imagine if you are on a long road trip and your Ebook is about to die...NO MORE READING FOR YOU! With a physical book, even if you only have one, will never die and you can read it over and over again to waste time and possibly catch something that you missed the first time that you read it.

Buying physical books might be more expensive....but its worth it. :D :techie-studyinggray: :D
karigirl84
Currently Reading: World War Z
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karigirl84.html

Post by karigirl84 »

I like both depending on what I'm doing. If I'm traveling, I like a reader, because it's makes it much easier plus tons of options to read without taking up packing space. When I am home though I need to physically turn those pages. I also find that I get a lot of headaches with an e-reader that I don't get with actual books.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

There are a number of similar topics already open.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”