E-readers: How much are books?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
DarthMom25
Currently Reading: Deadly Design
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darthmom25.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
2024 Reading Goal: 364
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: E-readers: How much are books?

Post by DarthMom25 »

I have a Kindle, and have over 200 books on my tablet. The majority of them were free or $0.99 because the Kindle store has amazing deals! I highly recommend it.

Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I use my kindle fire tablet. It's affordable and perfect to use for reading ebooks ?. Especially since it is made by Amazon and Amazon has taken over the digital publishing industry.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
classicaltwist
Currently Reading: The Algorithm Design Manual
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-classicaltwist.html
Latest Review: "The Stealer of Memories" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by classicaltwist »

Most libraries have Overdrive now, which lets you check out ebooks. I like it better than actual books from the library because the due date arrives, the ebook automatically "returns" itself and so I don't have to worry about library fines. There are a lot of decent free ebooks out there as well.
"The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind." -- William Blake
Latest Review: "The Stealer of Memories" by Mois Benarroch
Chitopogi
Currently Reading: the marvelous adventures of gwendolyn gray
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitopogi.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Chitopogi »

When you have a Kindle reader app on whatever device you have, you can download a lot of books for free on a weekly basis while other books cost anywhere from a few cents up to $10. It all depends on what type of book you're reading preferences are.
But IMHO, just being a member of this venerable Online BookClub can get you free EBooks on a daily basis.
Just follow our admin Scott Hughes and get free books from him. Our Club also gives away free books every now and then. So you don't have to buy them! Just remember to visit this site everyday. LoL!!! :D
And did I mention that our Club has that $25 Amazon gift card giveaway contest? Is it good or what? :tiphat:

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”