Paperlike display monitor for reading E-book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
jhbae107
Bookshelf Size: 0

Paperlike display monitor for reading E-book?

Post by jhbae107 »

What do you guys think about Paperlike by Dasung?

I am seriously thinking about buying this right now because
my eyes starting to hurt when I read on my lcd display.
It looks like it is like a kindle like monitor that is meant to protect the eyes.

Any comments?
edwardsantiago

Post by edwardsantiago »

As someone who stares at multiple monitors for 8+ hours a day, I would really appreciate a 15″ or 17″ eInk monitor as a secondary. This appears to only be a clone of the primary monitor. It would be really nice to see an eInk monitor that could be set up as an extended desktop. Having one color and one eInk monitor would be ideal. If you need color, drag the window to the color monitor, if you don’t use the eInk monitor and save your eyes.
Amh73090
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amh73090.html
Latest Review: "Another-Blended Not Shaken" by Sherrie L. Todd

Post by Amh73090 »

I haven't used it but if it helps it sounds like a great idea. My eyes bother me after a long time of staring at a screen. If you bought one please tell me how you like it.
Latest Review: "Another-Blended Not Shaken" by Sherrie L. Todd
Jseegs87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jseegs87.html

Post by Jseegs87 »

Wow, I had not heard of this before! Anyone tried out an E-ink monitor? I'd love to hear reactions.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

I honestly did not know that something like this existed until reading this post. This is such an amazing idea. My eyes do get strained after staring at the screen for too long. And I constantly do work on my laptop so it's actually been a real problem for me. It's even more frustrating because during my free time I would love to read books on my Kindle app but end up needing to take a break because I don't want to stare at screens for longer than I need to. So this is actually such a good idea, I definitely think I would get this.
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
SparklingOne
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: A Breath of Snow and Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklingone.html
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by SparklingOne »

That would be pretty cool to have for work. I am guessing the display wouldn't be color though which I can live without while reading but not while creating documents and whatnot. Luckily I where glasses with a coating the mitigates the damage done to your eyes by regular devices and monitors.
Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”