Which e-reader or app?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
josarjan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Which e-reader or app?

Post by josarjan »

I own an iPad and I absolutely love it! I use the Kindle app for books I order on Amazon and I use the iBooks app for all other books I choose to save on my device. I can also use the Nook app if I chose to, but I generally stick with Kindle and iBooks.
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Kindle all the way! I have the Kindle Paperwhite and it was the best investment I ever made! I used to always read the books from my phone but with the actual kindle you can update your goodreads account right from the book your reading and even access the kindle lending library. The last part is my favorite!
emnn29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emnn29.html

Post by emnn29 »

I have a nook and a kindle. I find myself gravitating to the kindle more.
trefoil72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trefoil72.html

Post by trefoil72 »

I have an iPad and use the kindle app to read all my books.
Kaitlyn12
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0">Lost</a>
Currently Reading: City of Bones
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn12.html
Latest Review: "Merikh's Daughter" by Gabriela M. Sanchez

Post by Kaitlyn12 »

I have a Nook, but it quit working and haven't bought another one. I want to get a Kindle really bad. I have both the Nook app and the Kindle app on my phone, but generally only use the Kindle app because I am subscribed to Kindle Unlimited. Sometimes, I wish I had an actual Kindle because my screen on my phone is just too small to read on.
Latest Review: "Merikh's Daughter" by Gabriela M. Sanchez
sarahpayne23
Currently Reading: 1Q84
Bookshelf Size: 1016
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahpayne23.html
Latest Review: "Schism" by Clabe Polk

Post by sarahpayne23 »

I have had multiple e-readers, but my favorite for just reading is the Kindle Paperwhite. It is the closest e-reader to an actual book. The reason I don't like reading on a tablet (iPad or Kindle Fire) is the glare. I typically use my e-reader on the go, so reading without glare is extremely important. Previous versions of the Kindle did not include background lighting, so a tablet was preferable in the dark. Now, I think the Kindle Paperwhite is a perfect investment as an e-reader.
Latest Review: "Schism" by Clabe Polk
Booky_BettyC
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55482">Hex Hall</a>
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booky-bettyc.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel

Post by Booky_BettyC »

The first ereader I ever heard of was Kobo. So naturally, being so excited of thinking i could take thousands of books wherever I went, I went out and bought one. I absolutely love it! Kobo has also become a lot better with book selection, coupon giveaways and the new VIP points system, which gives you cheaper books and eventual free ones for ten dollars a year. That being said, since I decided to go on the path of a book reviewer, I think the Kindle app with Kindle unlimited is pretty awesome! The only downside is you can only keep 10 at a time. I can't eally complain too much though because you can get some serious reading done for ten dollars a month! My fiancé has just purchased a Kindle Paperwhite for me, so I can not say about the product itself yet until I get it and try it out.
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
jennyjo76
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by jennyjo76 »

Hi! My name is Jennifer and I'm new to the site! I have a question: I do not have either a smart phone or an e-reader device, can I use the Adobe Acrobat e-reader download on here?
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

I use the kindle app on my Samsung phone
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
JanDem21
Currently Reading: Slow Burn Torrent #5
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jandem21.html

Post by JanDem21 »

Universal Ebook Reader on android
jdy
Currently Reading: We Make God Cry
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jdy.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by jdy »

I have recently purchased an Ipad and am now reading mostly on the kindle app on that device. It is a little more convienent especially if I am getting text messages or emails while I am reading because I can respond and then continue without having to stop and change devices. I do however still feel that for just reading on the Kindle is better. Since all that is on that device,at least the first generation one that I have, you dont have to worry about what may popup and distract you.
cherryknots

Post by cherryknots »

I have been using the Kindle Paperwhite 3G 2015 edition for the last 6 months and have been absolutely loving it. It literally feels like reading of a paper under the sun. I often read at night, and unlike iPad's and Tablets,it doesn't strain my eyes. The battery life is also incredible. For someone who reads on an average of 3 hours a day, I only need to charge it every 5 or six days. A very welcome feature of the Kindle is that when I use a portable charger it only uses unto 3% of the charge and it charges fully in 2 hours. The Kindle Paperwhite is a device I would recommend to just about anyone. Its light, compact and highly efficient.

-- 13 Apr 2016, 20:53 --
Rekeshaw

Post by Rekeshaw »

I also use the Kindle app on my phone. I haven't had any major issues with it, but I have noticed if I'm having problems with my phone running slow, the app will also run slow. I don't think that has anything to do with the app, however. It is nice that I can either look up new books on the app or if I'm shopping on amazon I can send it right to my phone. Either way works!
angelsfantasy26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelsfantasy26.html

Post by angelsfantasy26 »

I have a Kindle Fire and I have an Iphone with the Kindle app on it. When it comes down to it, I actually prefer to read on my Iphone. It is just not a bulky as a Kindle.
"Evil is a point of view. God kills, indiscriminately, and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves." - The Vampire Lestat
marybethkwilliams
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marybethkwilliams.html

Post by marybethkwilliams »

I have downloaded both the Nook and Kindle apps on my phone, all the laptops and all the tablets in our household. Previously used a Nook, but this is so much better. The Nook was limited to just reading, whereas these other devices can do so much more.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”