Which e-reader or app?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Shutupimreading
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Which e-reader or app?

Post by Shutupimreading »

I have a kindle fire hd and I use the kindle app on my iPhone. I really enjoy both. My only complaint about the kindle fire is that the battery tends to die quicker than I would prefer. But I've heard that the paper white battery lasts FOREVER! So I guess it depends on what you're looking for. A tablet that you can read on (fire) or an ereader (paper white).
GandalfTheFey

Post by GandalfTheFey »

The Kindle app on my phone. Great selection, and works like a charm ;)
megs21781
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by megs21781 »

I use a Kindle Voyage. I have a Nook and sometimes use the Kindle app but I prefer the Voyage because it is easier on the eyes. My Nook had non-stop problems with pin holes in the screen so I gave up and bought a Kindle. I do love reading paper books though, there is nothing like the smell of a good book.
GMAN
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by GMAN »

I'm frugal so I got a cheap tablet and installed the apps on it. I end up with the ability to read anything and still surf and email with less gadgets to plug in and maintain.
ThatOneGuy21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thatoneguy21.html

Post by ThatOneGuy21 »

I read e-books on my phone using the default play books app
CzechTigg
Currently Reading: Free Fish Friday
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-czechtigg.html
Latest Review: "Finding the Phoenix" by Caitlin O'Connor

Post by CzechTigg »

ThatOneGuy21 wrote:I read e-books on my phone using the default play books app
May opt for that when just waiting around 5 minutes or in the gym. And now my phone lasts longer!
Usually prefer my kindle app on tablet otherwise.
Latest Review: "Finding the Phoenix" by Caitlin O'Connor
successallday
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by successallday »

I use kindle on my iphone. It works very well and is easy to download straight from the Amazon store.
B3cca 3ll3r
Favorite Author: Jacob Abbott
Currently Reading: Ivy and Pepper
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b3cca-3ll3r.html
Latest Review: "Around the world adventures of Max & Jack FRANCE" by Emily F Overton
fav_author_id: 21085

Post by B3cca 3ll3r »

I am a big fan of my IPhone. I use the kindle and iBooks apps. I always have my phone with me so it's very easy for me to simply take out my phone and read no matter where I am. I realize the screen is small but I find the simplicity of a single device is well worth it for me.
"We read to know we are not alone." ~ C.S. Lewis
Latest Review: "Around the world adventures of Max & Jack FRANCE" by Emily F Overton
MaryLisboa
Favorite Author: Neil Gaiman
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Eragon</a>
Currently Reading: Evil Under the Sun
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marylisboa.html
Reading Device: B00CFV45KS
fav_author_id: 3586

Post by MaryLisboa »

I have been using an app named Aldiko, it is pretty good and suits me just fine. But this year I bought a Kobo Aura HD and it's amazing! Nor the Kindle nor the Nook pleased me too much, but this Kobo is really good.
Lesleegillis

Post by Lesleegillis »

I like both. But honestly I love paperback and hard covers more. I have a few hundred on bookcases throughout my home. My son is 17 and all about the YouTube, Facebook. And texting..But I've caught him picking up a copy of Dexter and read it and comment that was amazing got anything else?
B3cca 3ll3r
Favorite Author: Jacob Abbott
Currently Reading: Ivy and Pepper
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b3cca-3ll3r.html
fav_author_id: 21085

Post by B3cca 3ll3r »

I completely agree if you have the option real books will always be my favorite!
"We read to know we are not alone." ~ C.S. Lewis
Lesleegillis

Post by Lesleegillis »

I'm old school
donsloan

Post by donsloan »

I began four years ago with just a basic Kindle (first-generation) and fell in love with it. Then, I upgraded to the Kindle Fire and use it for reading, writing, web browsing -- just about anything I would do on my PC. Works great with WiFi.
Topcho
Favorite Author: J.R.R.Tolkien
Currently Reading: z2
Bookshelf Size: 853
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topcho.html
Latest Review: "Sonar The Cyclone" by B Truly

Post by Topcho »

For e-books, I use my tablet or lately, my phone. I have the Kindle app, but since I prefer epub when I can choose, I use it only for my Amazon freebies :D For everything else, I use Aldiko. It is fast and light, and works with many formats. Plus it lets me read books with DRM after I entered my adobe id.
Latest Review: "Sonar The Cyclone" by B Truly
originaloflaura
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Beautiful Losers</a>
Currently Reading: Devil in the Grass
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by originaloflaura »

Honestly, I have a Kindle Fire and I miss the good old Kindle first-gen I gifted to my mom! Sure, it was slow as heck when updating the shelves, but it was great for JUST READING without any of the interruptions you get on your other multipurpose devices.

I think the Paperwhites function the same way, so if you just want to read on the device, I would recommend one of those. I tend to read in the Kindle app on my iPad as well. Kindle is definitely my preference for digital reading, whatever the device.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”